Black People : R. Kelly Situation - Where do you stand?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I'm sure most have heard of the recent trials and tribulations of our beloved Brother, R. Kelly. I've heard folk on both sides of the argument.

Some say that young girls today (the female was 14 at the time of the alleged act) know more about sex than their parents. That they ask for it, welcome it, and even entice grown men into doing things they'd not do otherwise. They say he's not at fault. That she's probably (and obviously even, if you've seen the tape) quite experienced and having sex with men (or boys) is nothing new in her life. The only reason it's such a big fuss now, is because it's R. Kelly and there is perhaps money to be made.

Then there are those folk that say he preys on young, less than adult, females. That this is his own perversion that has finally caught up with him. He needs to pay heavily for the crime he's committed. They have said that it makes no difference how willing the child is, it's (statutory) rape and he should do time. Many on this side of the argument swear that they'll not support him in the future and if they could get their money back on previously purchased R. Kelly products, they'd be the first in line.

There are even some that say not only should R. Kelly be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but so should her parents, the person taping the video and any and all that had anything to do with the "rape" of this child.

Where do you stand?

hummmmm!!!!! R.kelly i must say do seem to like younger gurls
but i also understand the young one do have ways to go after
older men on his side i see it as a money thang!! well i am a
supporter of his now if he's wrong then he should pay da price
yet his music i will buy coz da brutha can sing!!!
just hope it all work out for him and he see da reality of young one is not to fool wit dem coz he for one should know better

I found this really sad, disheartening article about this topic. The author says ...

Police can't lay a hand on Kelly because he's trolling a community where having sex with underage girls isn't a big deal. How could it be when so many 14-, 15- and 16-year-old girls in the black community get pregnant by older men and the men aren't charged with a crime.

So Kelly doesn't have much to worry about. As long as he is being accused of having sex with underage black girls, the allegations will draw a collective yawn.

So instead of getting a groundswell of support from within the community for speaking up, these young women will be vilified for trying to bring a brother down.

To bring Kelly down, they would have had to videotape him in bed with an underage white girl.

You can read it all here:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mitchell/cst-nws-mitch14.html

I feel the heartache and the outrage here. Unfortunately, the general public doesn't care about the atrocities that go on in Black lives. If we're killing each other, that's just a few less ......they have to deal with.

I agree there are very young ladies who know more about sex than some adults. While working with abused/abandoned youth, I met many of them. They all looked 25, but they were only 12-17. And most of them already had a few children. Every one of them had an older boyfriend, anywhere from 25-40. NONE of them were willing, nor did they ever turn them in for statutory rape. More often than not, these young ladies would run away from the facility when they needed to satisfy their underaged "jones"...even turn a few tricks for money, etc. (these "boyfriends" in most cases were nothing more than pimps)...then come back to the center when they needed 3 squares and a warm bed.

That is the extreme side of it. I know of young ladies doing their do straight from home. Intact families; mother and father working, but so out of touch with what their daughter is doing. (son too, for that matter). It isn't always the poor, underprivileged girlchild who doesn't have a father in the home out looking for "love". But lack of communication with our children, too many privileges, too much idle time (because everybody's out making money), no extracurricular school activities, no positive mental stimulation, and too much television, has served to push our young people out into that adult life well before they're ready to deal with the consequences.

And because a sweet young tenderonie is mouth-watering for many men, a girl fitting that description who is putting it out there, will get snatched up into it. I have always maintained that a male who can only find his sexual gratification on the play yard, has a mental deficiency. Like Kem says, that is a 'minor'. Body may be of a full grown woman; but that child has no understanding.

We all understand that there comes a time when mental/emotion/physical all come together, and I'm not speaking against men who have relationships with younger women....who are truly "of age" (or vice-versa). What I'm talking about is a person who is clearly perverted; who would prey upon an ignorant but willing girl because the hormones are screaming.

If R. Kelly has in fact been caught redhanded....he's guilty. No doubt. And if he does frequent the playground...then his sins have caught up with him. I agree with Kem about charging the parents for their part in this crime. There IS something wrong in the home if a child is being allowed to run their life any kind of way. This would send a message.

The only sad thing about all of this is as Destee states... R. Kelly might walk because the public is not interested. He would be looked upon as just another demented and depraved Black man...doing what "they all do".

My 2 cents...

a

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back