Black Entertainment : R Kelly: For The Record...

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by AuthorLady, Jul 22, 2012.

1. AuthorLady

AuthorLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +117
    [​IMG]
    On June 26, 2012, R. Kelly released his smash 11th album, Write Me Back. On June 28, 2012, his memoir, Soulacoaster was released. I have both. I listened to the cd--LOVED IT; and read the book in 1 day.​
    My summary: after reading the book, my initial response to what was discussed by R. Kelly in the book was not surprising, he talked about his childhood, his dyslexia, his marriage/divorce to the mother of his children, the Best of Both World's tour fiasco, etc., but like most people, I wanted to hear what he had to say about the sex tape trial allegations. Although he was acquitted in 2008 of all 12 charges; there were many things the public was not being informed about: The "surprise" witness for the case NEVER SHOWED UP. The prosecution's case blew up when the star witness' own family members stated that it was not her in the video. Add to that, a known extortionists making accusations against Kelly. Then on top of that, most of the other witnesses were considered hostile because, guess what? They were all fired for incompetence or were mad at R. Kelly because he would loan them money or give them favors.
    Now after getting this information, it made more sense to me.
    I'm not R. Kelly's judge--neither is the public. However, I have been a fan for the entirety of his career. His talent must be recognized.
    I will let God judge him.
    I read this book with objectivity and walked away satisfied that R. Kelly was telling the truth.

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    He is a pedophile. Taking his words for anything else is BS. He is a wife beating misogenist. That is proven. I wouldnt bother putting money in his pocket, as it only serves to facilitate his many perversions and other issues

3. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    And so was Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Kool G. Rap, Morgan Freeman, et al. How long are people going to beat this rug? Let it go. Age never mattered in the music industry. Ask Berry Gordy.

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

Please show me where Gaye, Brown, G Rap, Gordy, or Freeman were pedophiles? Or even accused?

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    What evidence do you have that R. Kelly is a Pedophile? And please include your definition of pedophilia.

6. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,.......and friends in the chitown hood where he liked to troll

7. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace AuthorLady..

How exactly does a person that describes themselves as "a fan for the entirety of his career".. turn around one sentence later and claim to have "read his book with objectivity"? That's quite a feat.

And.. from my understanding.. Robert Kelly's talent has always been recognized. Its his social behavior that is under scrutiny. Are you suggesting that his "talent" should overshadow his social behavior?

8. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    I'm not God and you don't know him and can't judge him objectively. Do you honestly believe everything reported by the media? I don't. I worked in the music business and I will tell you categorically not to trust everything you hear.

9. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Really?

How do you know they are telling the truth?

10. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Marvin Gaye's second wife, Janice Hunter was only sixteen when they met. The man hadn't even divorced his first wife, Anna Gordy. James Brown started dating Tami Terrell when she was only a teenager--he was 29. Berrry Gordy began messing around with Diana Ross when she was barely out of her teens--he was in his late 20's early thirties. Karrinne Steffans stated in her book, Confessions of a Video Vixen, that Kool G. Rap began talking to her when she was only 17. Morgan Freeman dated his 17 year old step grandaughter just a few years ago. It's one of the reasons he and his wife divorced. All of this has been reported in the news. Where have you been. Google it for yourself.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. destee.com r kelly pedophile