Black Entertainment : R. I. P. RONNIE SPECTOR

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

The Ronettes singer Ronnie Spector dead at 78, plus more celebs we lost in 2022​

Marisa Laudadio

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...te-neighbor-in-missouri/ar-AASIeJL?li=BBnb2gh
  • Slide 1 of 10: Wonderwall.com is taking a look back at the bold-faced names we lost in 2022, starting with this music star... The Ronettes leader Ronnie Spector -- who sang hits like Be My Baby, Baby I Love You and Walking in the Rain with her girl group in the '60s -- died on Jan. 12 from cancer, her family confirmed to The Associated Press. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member was 78. Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan, her family said in a statement. (Ronnie wed manager Jonathan Greenfield in 1982 years after leaving an abusive relationship with famed Wall of Sound producer Phil Spector, who died in 2021 while serving a prison sentence for murder.) Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face.  She was filled with love and gratitude, the statement continued. Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her. In lieu of flowers, Ronnie requested that donations be made to your local women's shelter or to the American Indian College Fund.
Slide 1 of 10: Wonderwall.com is taking a look back at the bold-faced names we lost in 2022, starting with this music star... The Ronettes leader Ronnie Spector -- who sang hits like "Be My Baby," "Baby I Love You" and "Walking in the Rain" with her girl group in the '60s -- died on Jan. 12 from cancer, her family confirmed to The Associated Press. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member was 78. "Our beloved earth angel, Ronnie, peacefully left this world today after a brief battle with cancer. She was with family and in the arms of her husband, Jonathan," her family said in a statement. (Ronnie wed manager Jonathan Greenfield in 1982 years after leaving an abusive relationship with famed Wall of Sound producer Phil Spector, who died in 2021 while serving a prison sentence for murder.) "Ronnie lived her life with a twinkle in her eye, a spunky attitude, a wicked sense of humor and a smile on her face. She was filled with love and gratitude," the statement continued. "Her joyful sound, playful nature and magical presence will live on in all who knew, heard or saw her. In lieu of flowers, Ronnie requested that donations be made to your local women's shelter or to the American Indian College Fund."