R.I.P. Professor X

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by NITAINO75, Mar 18, 2006.

1. NITAINO75

NITAINO75 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Professor X of X-Clan Dies
    By Houston Williams
    Date: 3/17/2006 7:15 pm

Professor X of X-Clan has died in a New York-area hospital after a bout with meningitis, sources close to the situation told AllHipHop.com.

As a member of X-Clan, Professor X gained notoriety for his catch phrases "Vainglorious" and dissed fools by calling them "sissies."

Additionally, Professor X, whose real name was Lumumba Carson, was the son of the late Civil Rights pioneer Sonny Carson, who produced The Education of Sonny Carson.

He also founded the grassroots organization BlackWatch.

Meningitis is a byproduct of bacterial or viral infections that overcome the body's natural immune system.

The aggressive entities can be transmitted from other people through sneezing, coughing, kissing, infected blood, or contaminated water or food.

In August 2004, Professor X, auctioned off his time on eBay for a night on the town in New York City.

X-Clan released a pair of critically acclaimed albums, To the East, Blackwards (1990) and Xodus (1992), but soon after the Brooklyn-based collective disbanded.

In December 2005, X-Clan announced a comeback, but it was unclear if Professor X was party to the reunion. In 1995, X-Clan group member Sugar Shaft died from complications related to the AIDS virus. Funeral arrangements haven't been announced.

2. NITAINO75

NITAINO75 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this in two sections, I hope that's ok, the other was in the entertainment section, because the brother was a entertainer and yet a great inspiration in honouring the ancestors in the Hip Hop culture.

With a shield of David on the grill
    And the has-been proudly adorned with the color pink
    Bring on your G's, your Q's, your R's and your Alphas
    It is done - Shalom! And ya don't stop - Sisseeeeeeeeeeee!!!

3. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    R.I.P. Brutha....*raised fist*....

4. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42