Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Hall of Famer, former home run king Hank Aaron dies at 86
CASSANDRA NEGLEY
January 22, 2021, 10:46 AM

Hank Aaron in 2019.

Hank Aaron died at the age of 86. (Mark Von Holden/Invision/AP)
Hall of Famer and longtime home run king Henry Louis “Hank” Aaron died Friday morning, his daughter confirmed to WSB-TV in Atlanta. The Atlanta Braves legend was 86.
Aaron, a 25-time All-Star, played in MLB from 1954-76 almost entirely with the Braves organization first in Milwaukee and then in Atlanta. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1982.
He passed Babe Ruth on the all-time home run leaderboard and finished his career with 755. It stood for decades until Barry Bonds passed him and set the mark at 762.
AdChoices
The slugger is still the game’s all-time leader in RBI (2,297) and total bases (6,856). He ranks third in career hits (3,771). The outfielder won three Gold Gloves as well as the National League batting titles in 1956 and 1959, the 1957 NL MVP award and the 1970 Lou Gehrig Memorial Award for character.
Aaron, who was born in Mobile, Alabama, in 1934, overcame racism in the deep south and received death threats while pursuing Babe Ruth’s record. He remained a role model up until his death. He joined civil rights leaders earlier in getting the COVID-19 vaccine earlier this moth to show Black Americans getting vaccinated is safe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : MLB legend Hank Aaron’s cause of death revealed Black Sports 1
shaka64 Black People : Big Bank Hank of The Sugarhill Gang Dies at 57 Black People Open Forum 2
SouthsideIrish Black Sports : Hammerin' Hank belts #715 40 years ago today. Black Sports 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Hank Mobley, Soul Station Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
G Black Sports : Barry Bonds Breaks Hank Aaron's Home Run Record Black Sports 3
O Black Entertainment : favorite from-hank ballard and the midnighters Black Entertainment 5
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : aaron-hernandez-commits-suicide Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Therious Black Entertainment : Aaron McGruder's Black Jesus Trailer Black Entertainment 47
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Aaron Hall - I Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Heavy D & The Boyz - Now That We Found Love ft. Aaron Hall Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Aaron Hall - I Miss You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Aaron Neville Black Entertainment 3
B Black People Politics : Aaron McGruder ( the creator of The Boondocks) talks about his support for Obama Black People Politics 8
P Black People : Aaron Russo interview with Rockeffelor, Illuminati revealed Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Jesus from Melchizedek or aaron priesthood AACOOLDRE 0
Isaiah Black Sports : AARON "THE HAWK" PRYOR... Black Sports 1
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on pdiane's profile.
Welcome Home Sister! :love:
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
Hey Destee, thank you for still being here! You are loved!
pdiane wrote on panafrica's profile.
I'm Black on Destee, I feel at home! It's been a while! Soooo in 2004 I married my Senegalese Husband, when I first went to Senegal, I loved, it! The people were hospitable and my husband's family was very kind! Well I've been there many times now, have taken African Americans, well over 150 and it has been an amazing experience!
Free as free can be
Follow @EmptyWo76031418 on twitter.
Thanks.