Black Entertainment : R.I.P. DEON JACKSON

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Kemetstry, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    [​IMG]
    FAREWELL, DEON JACKSON......A music man who during his final years with us served in education as a high school supervisor/counselor. His son Anthony Jackson ha...s confirmed that Mr. Jackson passed away late last week at the age of 68.
    A native of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Deon Jackson was known for the late 1965 Top 10 Pop/Soul smash, "LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND", which he composed while in his teens. Produced by Ollie McLaughlin and recorded in Chicago at Universal Recording, the single was Deon's first and biggest hit.
    Deon continued to record and work as a musician for many years (including a stint at Joe Namath's nightclub, Gentlemen's III) before heading to Illinois and settling down with his family. He became an educator within the Wheaton, Illinois school system - often entertaining students with his piano playing.
    When You Tube made its splash in the Internet world, students at Wheaton Warrenville South High School soon discovered that Mr. Jackson the supervisor/counselor was a 1960's hit maker who toured with folks from the Shangri-La's to Al Kooper & the Blues Project. While his touring days were long behind him, Deon did perform again on stage for his pupils and their families.
    To Mr. Jackson, thank you for the music - from Billy, Sherry, Bobby, Marcia and my girl and I.
    (Photo courtesy of Michelle Jackson)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/16cAPO2tAGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,122
    bot