Black People Politics : R.I.P. ANTONIN SCALIA

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Kemetstry, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia found dead at Texas
    San Antonio Express-News
    By Gary Martin, Staff Writer1
    [​IMG]© SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia listens as US President George W. Bush speaks at the the Federalist Society's 25th Anniversary Gala Dinner at Union Station in Washington, DC 15 in 2007.

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.
    Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.

According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.
    Chief U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia, of the Western Judicial District of Texas, was notified about the death from the U.S. Marshals Service.
    U.S. District Judge Fred Biery said he was among those notified about Scalia's death.
    "I was told it was this morning," Biery said of Scalia's death. "It happened on a ranch out near Marfa. As far as the details, I think it's pretty vague right now as to how," he said. "My reaction is it's very unfortunate. It's unfortunate with any death, and politically in the presidential cycle we're in, my educated guess is nothing will happen before the next president is elected."

What does this mean for President Obama and his ability to place his historical stamp on the court? Will the publicans allow him to make the appointment?