Black Entertainment : R&B Singer Gouges Out Eye After Suicide Attempt

Aaliyahmonet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 4, 2002
Following a suicide attempt, R&B singer Houston has gouged out his eye while on an overseas performance junket.

A brief statement was released Wednesday by his Capitol Records label, saying only, "Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time."

According to sources, the singer first attempted to jump out of a London hotel window last Thursday. Prevented from doing so by his security staff, Houston was locked in his room, at which time the injury occurred. No additional details as to his current condition or whereabouts have been disclosed.

Featured in a McDonald's commercial, Houston's 2004 hit single "I Like That" peaked at No. 11 on the Hot 100 singles chart. The song also featured Chingy, Nate Dogg and I-20.

Houston's debut album, "It's Already Written," has sold 208,000 units to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan, having peaked at No. 14 on The Billboard 200.

He was diagnosed as a manic depressive last year and had been treated. I don't know if he was still being treated. The gouging was his second attempt at suicide. The first time, he tried to jump out of the thirteen story window of his hotel in london but his bodyguard intervened. They transferred him to a room on a lower floor and that's when he gouged his eye out. Hopefully, he's getting the treatment he needs and not just being doped up!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back