Black Entertainment : Quincy Jones: 'Diddy Wouldn't Know A B Flat If It Hit Him'

Quincy really didn't say anything that we didn't already know, lol....Diddy has ghost writers and takes credit for beats that he doesn't make......I respect him for finding talent (like Biggie), but musically...yeah.....lol

peace

Ghost writers is right....lol

He still owe Sauce some Money for the grammy winning smash 'missing you' dedicated to B.I. years ago after his death.

Ya'll ever notice that diddy don't really have any friends that are in the industry anymore? Does anyone even know whose on Bad Boy these days? lol Everyone has left him due to money dispute's, or they're in jail. He's not musically inclined (hell, he even raps off key), but he knows how to B-flat that contract and rob you..... I think jadakiss still has to pay him $100,000 up front everytime he has an album coming out & jada ain't been on Bad Boy in years. :Contract:

Quincy really didn't say anything that we didn't already know, lol....Diddy has ghost writers and takes credit for beats that he doesn't make......I respect him for finding talent (like Biggie), but musically...yeah.....lol

Puffy is really a producer.. an excellent producer at that. The producer is responsible for delivering the product to the record company on time and within the budget. That's what puffy does.. he gets things done.. makes creative decisions that usually workout very well. He's not a musican producer.. or a songwriter producer.. he's a traditional producer.. the producers today.. because of advances in technology are actually combination writers/musicians/engineer producers.. they do the whole thing.. but that's not what puffy is.. the thing that differentiated Uptown's music back in the day.. with Heavy D.. and Mary J Blidge and nem.. was the production.. the quality of the mixes was fantastic.. the overall product was really really polished.. That was Puffy. His musical sensibilities are undeniable.. even as a non-musician. Quincy is just doing his old man "these kids today" routine.. both of them are good at what they do.. Quincy's work on the musical score for Alice Walker's "The Color Purple" stands out in my mind as his greatest work.. It's really what brought that movie alive.. I felt that work even more than the work he did on Off The Wall and Thriller with MJ..

Somebody who knows a Bb <grin>.

Diddy is one of several successful 'musicians' these days who, it is true, are not truly musicians in the sense of having a grasp of music theory. Instead of writing original music, they sample music performed by others.

This is what contrasts jazz takes on classic tunes from mere samples by rappers...

Even these there's a lot less of them too...

FYI...

Puffy is really a producer.. an excellent producer at that. The producer is responsible for delivering the product to the record company on time and within the budget. That's what puffy does.. he gets things done.. makes creative decisions that usually workout very well. He's not a musican producer.. or a songwriter producer.. he's a traditional producer.. the producers today.. because of advances in technology are actually combination writers/musicians/engineer producers.. they do the whole thing.. but that's not what puffy is.. the thing that differentiated Uptown's music back in the day.. with Heavy D.. and Mary J Blidge and nem.. was the production.. the quality of the mixes was fantastic.. the overall product was really really polished.. That was Puffy. His musical sensibilities are undeniable.. even as a non-musician. Quincy is just doing his old man "these kids today" routine.. both of them are good at what they do.. Quincy's work on the musical score for Alice Walker's "The Color Purple" stands out in my mind as his greatest work.. It's really what brought that movie alive.. I felt that work even more than the work he did on Off The Wall and Thriller with MJ..

In short, Diddy is a business man, not a musician. Which says a lot about why so much of hip hop 'music' these days makes a lot of money but programs horribly negative messages into the minds of young people.

Is it more important to make good money or to make good music? The answer to that lies at the root of what Q was saying. Q was making good music long before he started making good money. Diddy has never made good music.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back