Black People : Quick Question - Any Arabic Stage Name Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Hannibal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13
    I run an independent record label with my brother and one of our artists (male) is looking to take an Arabic stage name.....(preferably starting with S, but begger's cant be choosy)

So, any suggestions?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Where are you located at? What type of music are you doing? ....and why an Arabic name? Is he an Arab or something? Just curious. I may open my label back up myself but I already know that my whole thing is going to be about the resurrection of real music (with meaning) and conscious poets with sound tracks.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

(S.A.) pronounced SAH

short for Shukran Allah.

Cut a check.

4. Hannibal

Ratings:
    +13
    All over...based in Atlanta though. We work towards balance in our music....a soundtrack to life....not all church not all club, I wouldn't say we're trying to bring that old thing back as much as we're trying to reinvent it.

How long were you into the music world?

5. Hannibal

Ratings:
    +13

lol...good looking out

6. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Arab? Anger level rising. How about an African name?

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I've been in it for a minute...my group was called "Higher Destiny"...my record label was "Pulsatron Records"....we were an opening act for Nipsey Russel, Gladys Knight, Blue Magic and the Manhattens. I began a while ago being that I grew up with all the old groups that I loved but was too young to be in. So I kind of caught the best of three worlds. I was too young for the Temptations and all them. My parents were playing the Platters, the Moon Glows and that 50s group thing, so I learned harmony very early. I always thought that Smokey was the baddest poet out there so I got into song writing very early. Then I was just the right age when Rap came out but I was still doing the club thing and so I began in 1984 combining club with rap and with the harmony of the groups. I'm still a writer and melodies just be popping in my head almost like 24/7.

I had the misfortune, depending on how one looks at it, of catching a body on the same day that we dropped our album. So while I'm locked up, rap just took off. Next thing I know, I'm sitting in a cell while "Public Enemy, Kool Moe Dee, Big Daddy Kane and all of them are taking off. Yeah, I was upset back then because I knew I was better than they were. What I didn't know was that the universe had other plans for me. I became a historian of our history and ancient cultures. I wrote my first book while locked up. After I got out 12 years later,, my subconscious intent was to go back into music but my path was already laid for me.

Instead, I got out, hooked up with the scholars like Dr. Ben, Dr. Jefferies, Professor Smalls, Gil Nobel, Dr. McKinTyre, Dr. Barashango, Dell Jones and others and began teaching our people. I've written two more books on the streets and am working on two more As I write. I'm a conscious word poet of the highest extreme and if I run into some younger brothers than myself, I plan on working with them depending on how serious they are.

Do I have any regrets about it??? A little...because there's a part of me that feels unfulfilled in the music area. I play violin, trumpet and Congas. Back in the day there were four of us and we had to use two four tracks, two drum machines and two keyboards to do all our music on...and we had the keyboards hooked up to the computer so that whatever we played, the computer would show the music notes on the screen. That enabled us to print out our own lead sheets. All my songs are still registered with Ascap and BMI, so if I run into Jennifer Hudson or some other people, I will be pushing some songs their way. You can hear me spittin one of my poems on this thread http://destee.com/index.php?threads/i-remember-you.71605/. Just click on it and it will take you there.

And let me tell ya why my writing skills is so nice. The more you know about your history, the deeper in the well you can dig when it comes to writing songs or poetry. You can literally write some stuff and then sign it with the words; (can't touch this!) :jumping: :cool:
    Maat Htp!!

8. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Holla if you need a :ghost:

9. Hannibal

Ratings:
    +13
    Keita it sounds like your very knowledgeable, do you have any links to work of yours I can check out?