Black Spirituality Religion : Questions!!!

Originally posted by Royal_T
Is what is the origin of the word religions??? Can anyone tell me?
I thought it meant to separate or something like that.

no one can really agree on the origin of religions. but we do know that there was some kind of societal chain reaction, whereby people shared information which was then taken elsewhere and from there to new places. of course there is an exception to the rule; some people know of God and religion but seem to have no interaction w/ other peoples.

I hope I'm not getting it confused with the word politics, but then again I don't think I am.

Anyone familiar with this?

Another thing! Why do people who believe in the Bible and Jesus consider themselves Christian? What is a Christian? Didn't so called Christians kill Jesus at the hands of Jews.

Jesus was killed by Jews. Christians is a self appointed term, as neither God nor Jesus actually recommended the term or the formation of the religion

Why do we wear crosses? The cross was a symbol of hatred long before Jesus was nailed to it. Why do we wear that symbol like it's a good thing? Wouldn't that be like wearing a gun around my neck to symbolize one of my loved one's death?

excellent point. so..do you still wear that cross?

Is the reason why race isn't a huge factor in the Bible because everyone in the Bible was of African/Black decent? We all know there were tribal confrontations, but no race right? or no?

race was not as important during so-called bibical times as it is now. mainly because white people hadnt begun a worldwide campaign against people of color. but there are many groups in the bible of different races and ethnicities, but because we dont use the same terms, this may not seem evident. but yes -- many or most of the central characters in the bible are black africans.

Somebody tell me something. I'm just a simple girl living in a complex world.

[color]sounds like you are surviving the complexity of the world just fine to me. lol[/color]

Jesus was killed by Jews. Christians is a self appointed term, as neither God nor Jesus actually recommended the term or the formation of the religion

I AGREE 100%. That's the answer I was looking for. No one really speaks of the role of the Roman Catholics the way they should. I wonder why.

excellent point. so..do you still wear that cross?

No, I don't wear crosses. The history of the cross is long standing and nothing good has come from those that wore it. It's almost like Santa Clause. It's a symbol of something that no one seems to know much about!

race was not as important during so-called bibical times as it is now. mainly because white people hadnt begun a worldwide campaign against people of color. but there are many groups in the bible of different races and ethnicities, but because we dont use the same terms, this may not seem evident. but yes -- many or most of the central characters in the bible are black africans.

YOU SEEM TO THINK LIKE ME. I ASKED THESE QUESTIONS TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY. SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY PEOPLE
SAY THAT PEOPLE OF THE BIBLE WERE NOT BLACK. THEY'LL TRY AND SAY THAT AFRICANS THEN LOOK LIKE THE ARABS/ETHOPIAN (COMPLEXION I'M SPEAKING OF) TYPE PEOPLE OF TODAY. IF THAT WERE THE CASE, I'D ASK SOMEONE TO DRAW ME A PICTURE OF AN AMERICAN 400 TO 500 YEARS AGO AND THEN DRAW ME A PICTURE OF AN AMERICAN TODAY. THEY'D BE TWO DIFFERENT PICTURES. ONE WOULD BE A NATIVE AMERICAN AND ONE WOULD BE A WHITE MAN IN JEANS. WHAT MAKES PEOPLE THINK THAT AFRICA HAS NOT CHANGED IN ALL THIS TIME. IN MY OPINION THE MIDDLE EAST IS IN CHAOS BECAUSE OF EUROPEAN BLOOD RUNNING THROUGH THE VEINS OF MANY OF PEOPLE IN THAT REGION. I'M SORRY, I DIGRESSED, AGAIN, I'M JUST A SIMPLE GIRL LIVING IN A COMPLEX WORLD. :) :)

Jesus Christ is that same Jehovah of the Old Testament who was in a Spirit body "I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:" Isaiah 43: 3 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no Saviour." Isaiah 43:11 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given , and the government shall be upon his shoulder:" Isaiah 9: 6-7. "He is the Rock, His work is; ---a God of truth, and without iniquity." Deut. 32: 4; Exodus 6: 3; Hebrews 1:1 1-4.

" And that Rock was CHRIST." 1 Corinthians 10 1 -4.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back