Black Spirituality Religion : Questions!!!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Royal_T, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Royal_T

Royal_T Well-Known Member MEMBER

LAW ENFORCEMENT SOMETHING!?!
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is what is the origin of the word religions??? Can anyone tell me?
    I thought it meant to separate or something like that.

I hope I'm not getting it confused with the word politics, but then again I don't think I am.

Anyone familiar with this?

Another thing! Why do people who believe in the Bible and Jesus consider themselves Christian? What is a Christian? Didn't so called Christians kill Jesus at the hands of Jews.

Why do we wear crosses? The cross was a symbol of hatred long before Jesus was nailed to it. Why do we wear that symbol like it's a good thing? Wouldn't that be like wearing a gun around my neck to symbolize one of my loved one's death?

Is the reason why race isn't a huge factor in the Bible because everyone in the Bible was of African/Black decent? We all know there were tribal confrontations, but no race right? or no?

Somebody tell me something. I'm just a simple girl living in a complex world.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Interesting questions, Royal T. Like you, I'm curious to know what others think!

Peace. :)

3. LovelyGoldenOne

LovelyGoldenOne Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student, Bookstore Clerk
    Ratings:
    +16
    these are some deep questions...i wish i could answer them for u...but i have the same ones...so i hope other people can answer them for u...

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    deep mental questions ........hummmm!
    allow my self to research .

5. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    like the super moderator...let me research and think about...but i definitely will get back to you...one question tho...are you asking for the origin of the word religion or the word relgions...?

6. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    sorry i spelled religions incorrectly..in my first reply ..i don't want you to think i am making up a word...

7. Royal_T

Ratings:
    +13
    LOL at Deepy...I'm looking for the origin of the word religion. But either or would be fine.

8. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The word “religion” is derived from the Latin word “religo,” which means to tie, to fasten, or bind back. The words “ligament” and “legion” are also derived from the Latin root word “religo.”

Religion really means the scientific understanding of the Supreme Controller of the Universe; to understand the Supreme Controller and to obey His laws...
    A Christian is nothing more than a follower of Christ. It was the Roman king Caesar who ordered the execution of Jesus...the Jews wanted him killed, because he was Black...and they couldn't accept a Black man as their king...
    The cross became a symbol for Christianity...just as the moon and star became a symbol for Islam...and the six-pointed star became a symbol for Judaism...
    Right.

9. Royal_T

Ratings:
    +13
    Aqil....thanks for everything. I'm confused about one thing though. Jews were black, why didn't they want a black man leading them. Doesn't make sense to me.

10. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The Jews are a hybrid people, Royal_T, therefore they are not Black. The original Jews were from Abyssinia (modern-day Ethiopia)...they are the founders of Judaism, the religion of the Jews...

The ruling class during Jesus' time - the Pharisees and Saducees - were mainly descendants of the tribe of Judah. Jesus was an African...an Ethiopian Jew, and thusly was discriminated against...

The vast majority of Jews that we know today have no blood ties to the ancient Israelites. In today's world there are two types of Jews: Ashkenazi and Sephardic...
    The Ashkenazi Jews are from eastern France, Germany and Eastern Europe and trace their lineage back to the Khazars, a warring Turkish tribe that lived around today's southern Russia. They established a powerful kingdom that existed from the mid-7th century until the early 11th century. Ashkenazi Jews are descendants of Noah's first-born son, Japheth...

The Sephardic Jews are from Spain, Portugal, North Africa and the Middle East. They are darker in hue and considered second-class citizens in the state of Israel today...

The secular Jews (called "Zionists") dominate the ruling class in the state of Israel. They are descendants of the Ashkenazi Jews of Europe. They believe that they are the rightful owners of the land of Palestine, thus they believe in the total genocide of the indigenous Palestinian people...

(See my thread titled, "What is a Jew? That is the Question" for further edification.)