Black Spirituality Religion : Questions About Biblical Content

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Feb 6, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This is essentially for those that have questions about content written within the books and writings that are collectively entitled the "Bible" (including other non-traditionally accepted related writings).

Based on understanding of a good wealth of the content, there are still a few "holes" that remain open and potentially will remain this way until we find writings that fill in the gaps, or a sound interpretation is revealed.

Here is one question that does seem petty, yet it becomes more gleaming the more one focuses on attempting to comprehend what is being referred to.

Gen 1:4
    And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5
    And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Consider these questions:
    • On this "first day", evening and morning is establish by what criteria?
    What is "evening"?
    What is "morning"?
    What makes "evening" and "morning" different?​

Gen 1:14
    And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Gen 1:15
    And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16
    And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:17
    And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Gen 1:18
    And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19
    And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Now consider these questions once again:
    • On this "fourth day", evening and morning is establish by what criteria?
    What is "evening"?
    What is "morning"?
    What makes "evening" and "morning" different?​

Just desire some clarity as to what these two instances on the "first day" and "fourth day" represent in relation to what determines "evening" and "morning".

I know there is a simply-complex explanation which alludes me, though there are some theories that come to mind.

2. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    As stated in 2 Peter 3:8, one day is as a thousand years to God, and a thousand years is as one day.

3. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have an answer to what you ask. I am like you, and I like the Questions that are asked and I also like the scripture which you posted.

Was the light already present in and with the darkness?

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    There is one subtle thing that sticks out (oxymoron, can't really stick out if it's subtle right?)...

Gen 1:4
    and God divided

Gen 1:18
    and to divide

God divided light from darkness on day 1
    Then God created more lights, that took over in setting the evening and morning on day 4?

Still begs the question, what was that light on day 1, and what determined the evening and morning... in relation to what?

Could this have been some temporary light of some sort?
    Why the need for two more lights on day 4, if the light on day 1 was already creating "evenings" and "mornings" for 3 days?

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Here is another question, a bit more inflated to open the mind to thoughts that many probably don't tend to consider.

Gen 7:2
    Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Gen 7:3
    Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

Gen 7:14
    They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

Gen 7:15
    And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

Many summarize this last writing as there were two pair of each, or something of the sort...

Look at this writing more intensely

Step 1: take to thee by sevens that which is clean, the male and his female (14 of each)
    Step 2: take to thee by two that which are not clean, the male and his female (4 of each)
    Step 3: take to thee by sevens fowls of the air, the male and his female (14 of each)
    Step 4: take to thee every creeping thing that creepeth, including non-flying fowls​

• Noah was to take 14 of each clean beast and 4 of each unclean beast
    • Also, 14 of each fowl of the air
    • Then "every" creeping thing that creepeth (maybe two of each, male and female??)
    Clean:

Cattle, sheep, goat, chicken, deer, etc.​

Unclean, fowls of the air, and all that creepeth (non-aquatic animals):

Just to get an idea of the number of animals that were to be on the ark, along with the fecal matter and food supply for 150 days (5 months).

Gen 8:4
    And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

Gen 8:19
    Every beast, every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark.

Gen 8:20
    And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

After Noah, his family and the beast were saved from the flood, Noah proceeds to kill and burn one of every clean beast for an offering. Not sure if this was because he didn't eat any of them while on the boat, but they were probably famished after 150 days if they didn't each.​

Now, this is the question that is to be considered:

When the animals got off the ark which was atop Ararat, where did they go, and how did they get there?

Gen 7:21
    And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

Gen 7:22
    All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

Gen 7:23
    And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

The above writing makes it redundantly clear, that the only life that remained was upon the ark with Noah.

What transpired to get the Kangaroo and Koala Bear to Australia, Polar Bear to Alaska, and animal life in general to the continents of North and South America?

14aa0221d589[1].gif

Ararat would have been considered to be in the East (hemisphere)

Again, I have my theories, but wanted to pose this question for response and other conceived perspectives.

6. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551

God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs to indicate seasons and days and years, -Genesis 1:14

God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." There was evening, and there was morning, marking the first day. -Genesis 1:5

There was evening, and there was morning, a fourth day. -Genesis 1:19

7. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Now the earth was without shape and void, and darkness was over the surface of the watery deep,. -Genesis 1:2

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Not quite sure what one is responding to, help me out some.
    Scroll up to the opening post (the one that was quoted) and one will see the same content that one just posted.

9. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I understand what you are saying. The scriptures references I offer are in response to the questions asked:

Now consider these questions once again:
    • On this "fourth day", evening and morning is establish by what criteria?
    What is "evening"?
    What is "morning"?
    What makes "evening" and "morning" different?

I could be incorrect, but I think there are so many "types" of bibles available, that read differently, with different wording, that lead to different interpretations.

My scripture references which I think shines more understand on the OP are from the King James Version, New English Translation.

Of course they may be of no use at all. I'm not one to argue scripture. Discussion yes.

10. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

No worries, just wasn't sure if I was overlooking something.
    Will do this in parts...

This was the question:

What criteria makes "evening" and "morning"?

This should be a simple question/response, but none have offered a response to this as of yet.