Black Hebrew Israelites : Question?

an educated guess

Does Hebrew Israelites study fall in the catergory of Judaic study?

:heart:

Sister, I can take an educated guess but, I'm not sure how to completely answer it.

Based upon the Bible, the Hebrew Israelites and the Judaic Hebrew Israelites split up hundreds of years before the time of Jesus and the roman empire. And because of this split there are two unique experiences based upon other important events.

Both the Hebrew Israelites and the Judaic Hebrew Israelites comprise the 12 Tribes of Israel and at first, they studied and adhered to one core principal in which they studied out of the Old Testament Pentatuch [five books of Moses] and they had one Capitol and one temple in which they had to go to, sort of like a Mecca, at least once a year. But right after the death of king solomon, there arose civil strife and then, they split up; the north and the south. Then they had two different capitols and two different temples.

The North became known as the Hebrew Israelites and comprised TEN TRIBES and the South became known as JEWRY and comprised only TWO TRIBES; that of Benjamin and Judah. Therefore, the southern tribes became known as the Jews.

Again, hundreds of years before Jesus and the roman empire times, they split up. And the northern nation also bumped heads with the powerful Assyrian empire to the north and west of them. They were completely overthrown in a most violent way and have not reformed since that time. Although there were a minority that remained in 'the Middle East during the Roman Empire times and became known as THE SAMARITANS, they had been scattered to the four winds hundreds of years before the roman times.

It was not until about a hundred years later after the complete overthrow the the northern nation of Hebrew Israelites that too, the Southern nation was also overthrown. But they were dominated by the Babylonians of whom had earlier overthrew the Assyrian government. The most pivotal point though, in the southern Judaic nation was their experience with the Persians of whom eventually overthrew the Babylonian government. Even though the Persians allowed many of the Jews of this experience to migrate back to their homelands in 'the Middle East', many of them still remained affected by the Persian way of life. And therefore, this, I believe is part of the confusion as to the difference between the Hebrew Israelites of the Northern Nation and the Judaic Hebrew Israelites of the Southern Nation.

The Judaic Hebrews [the Jews] remained more in tact than the Northern nation and reformed a system around the temple in 'the Middle East'. Later though, they began to intermix with the Hellenes, white Greeks and their languages, books, and script became affected. Different interpretations soon arose in regards to the Pentatuch and etc. Later too, the Romans hated the Persians and always sought to get at them and many Jews bonded with them and later became known as Sephardic jews and etc.

Ultimately, other books began to be written such as THE TORAH and these writings only relate to a certain kind of Jews and their experiences in regards to the time of the Roman empire and afterwards. For example; the events that revolve around a tradition known as Hannuka [Chanukka; sp?] revolves around, I believe, a war or conflict that stems from the roman times. And the northern Hebrew Israelites have no connection to this experience at all. Then there was the issue of languages spoken by certain post-roman Jews and their traditions of which are unique from other post roman Jews.

So, all in all, I think that in reference to the Hebrew Israelite study, the foundation of which would be the Pentatuch would comprise the Judaic study for all Hebrew Israelites. But after the time of Solomon, there became two distinct forms of study about 800 years before the roman times. And during the Roman times, the Samaritans and the Jews were absolutely not on one accord.

The Judaic traditions and study continued to become varied even before the roman times as they organized themselves into different groups based upon ideologies. they formed, the Sanhedrin, a council in order to compensate for their differences but this system too, met its conflicts when the Romans formed.

Many Hebrews are not Jews [judaic] but Judaic people are Hebrews before they broke off. So some Hebrews, especially the original ones, would have no connection to Judaic study at all.

So I guess, technically, it would be the other way around. Judaic study would fall in the category of Hebraic study because that was the first.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Question? ...Answered!

Does Hebrew Israelites study fall in the catergory of Judaic study?

:heart:

Sister Chevron laid it out Purple by providing all the details. There isn't much that can be improved upon with her assessment and back drop information. Therefore, I agree with Chevron's position: "So I guess, technically, it would be the other way around. Judaic study would fall in the category of Hebraic study because that was the first."

Nonetheless, I hope Chevron agrees with this, let's carry Hebrew Israelites as a separate study forum; the reason would be to attract those of the current and comtemporary belief that the Hebrew Israelites were black. Many in the conscious community have taken on that banner and are carrying it proudly; whereas current and contemporary Judaism entails whiteness.

I will add this: All Jews are Israelites but not all Israelites are Jews

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back