Black Spirituality Religion : Question

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by PurpleMoons, Sep 15, 2005.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I have read and heard people mention "The Purpose of Life" quite often. On a soul level, what is your "Purpose in Life?" Do you have one, or are you still trying to figure it out?

2. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm still looking for one to be honest.

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Kemetic theology teaches that as a person becomes more aware on a spiritual level, their Incarnation Objective must become clear. This not only aids the individual on their spiritual journey, but this awareness helps the Divine (GOD) use this individual as a vessel for Her/His Divine plan.

My own I.O. is quite clear, as a teacher and a warrior.

PEACE

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Well we all have different goals in life but the overarching purpose of life is to live.

At the end of the day I may or may not have reached my goals, but since I learn and gain as much from my failures as I do from my successes the only question to ask is have I lived. Have I smiled today? Have I laughed? Have I cried? Have I loved?

My greatest goal is to live until I die. That's all I can do. Because of failure some people stop living long before they die. Let me live until I die. Let me live. That's my purpose.

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Yes your I.O. is quite clear to you and to all who come in contact with you.

6. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    I am here not by my own doing or anyone elses. I am here in servitude to God. I have come to realize that I have and will serve many purposes. Servitude requires training. Training doesn't necessarily happen in the classroom. Nevertheless it is the service to God that matters. We all serve God in one way or another, known or unknown to us, like it or not.

Peace.......

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

Peace Rad long time no speak,

What God are you referring too?

the christian God of the bible, then you are still claiming that your "belief" in the "system of Christianity" is absolute. & all non christians are in some way STILL being used by YOUR God to do his will..................

I can't agree!!

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank You Family, for your unique and enlightening replies!

The reasons I asked is because, for quite some time now, I have been feeling like there is so much more to life then the normal routine of survival. I was very bored with getting up to go to work-to pay bills-to come home and do it all again day after day.

There had to be a greater purpose for me. An understanding of the reasons the creator had place me here in this dense atmosphere. An Enity so knowlegible and love filled, would'nt have given me the gift of free will, to impose so many restrictions on that "free will." Would it? That would mean the Creators unconditional love is very conditional. It presents the emotions of confusions, When the "All Mighty" is indeed flawless.

I now realize that my life purpose is to remember why I am here. To remember the greatness that the Creator has bestowed unto me. I have been made in the almightys image, so therefore life has no limits. The limits I have, is that of my own creation. Yes, God has also blessed me with the power to create.

My purpose in life is to remember what I had forgotton. To allow my experience to be my guide to re-opening those memories. To love myself completely and apply that love in everything that I do. To share my findings with all whom are seeking purpose. "My purpose in life" Is to re-discover my True pure Self. That self, which is the image of God.

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Hey brother

Good to hear from you as well.

I don't mean to offend brother. The God I believe in transcends the mere title of which men have given those who follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not die for Messianic Jews or Christians only. He died for all mankind. Whether we chose to accept the existence of Jesus is up to the individual. It still remains that there is only one God but many passionate interpretations of that God. As I reflect I must say before I knew God I was a reckless fool at times. I have done things that only by the grace, mercy and love from God that I'm here today. It wasn't lucky sock, stars, fate, destiny, talisman, a rabbit's foot or any other device that kept me from killing myself when I was fool. It was God. Of this no one can dispute Christian or otherwise. This is why I say there is only one God known or unknown. The way we worship and the text of our doctrine may differ and we may not agree but if you are still alive in this world despite the catastrophies that happen everyday than God is still blessing you with life.

Peace Brother and may God continue to pour out his blessings upon you.

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    The purpose of life is life. Think about it. My spiritual base is the anhk...literally, LIFE !! If one had to catagorize it by using the word "religion", my question would become; "WHAT HIGHER RELIGION COULD THERE BE THAN LIFE?" The answer: NONE ! For the opposite of life is death and if death is not our purpose then life must be our purpose...everything in the middle is still simply the process of life. Life can be proven, death can not as we understand death to be.