Black People : Question

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nisa, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    What do you think our ancestors would say..if they could communicate with us...about the actions of some of our black people..For example..some not wanting to vote ( an ex of mine said he doesnt vote because he doesnt want to fall in the white mans trap :lol: he got dumped right there), not going to school or playing around with their education, calling each other the N word, intermixing with whites, when they got killed/lynched for even looking at a white woman, and our sisters got raped by white men, moving right to the back of the city bus when rosa parks got arrested for not giving up her seat in the front of the bus to a white guy (this black boy on the bus, got on..moved to the back and said..I sit in the back of the bus because im a N***a).

2. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Well

#1. Voting- Voting is pointless because no matter who they get into the white house, they will always have to go through the racist government to act on any changes in this system. It's not stupid to NOT vote. Voting is nothing more than putting faith in people that lie to you to get your vote. Let's say someone genuine got elected to Nominee for either party. Then they won the presidency. They would not be able to act on any of their wishes because they don't have power. They are mouth-pieces for the bigger problem. They are the logo for a racist system that is in place. It has nothing to do with the president. Voting on actual issues is way more important to me than voting for a president. At least then you know your vote will go to something that's actually going to take place. With a president, you know nothing is going to change because the structure behind the scenes never change.

#2. Education- Everyone needs education. Playing around with it only delays your potential.

#3. The N Word- We really need to stop using it if we expect other races not to.

#4. Mixing with whites- We should'nt do that either. I have no problem with other races of color, but mixing with whites is no good to me. I don't down anyone when I see a mixed race couple, but I think the best thing for black people is to distance ourselves from white people and their culture and way of life as much as possible. Not to the point of hating or being rude, but we need to concentrate on "US" more.

3. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25

Might I add that our ancestors fought so we could EXERCISE OUR RIGHT to vote. Voting should be based on a personal decision, not because we're suppost to. If you feel that voting is beneficial to you (or your community) in anyway, than go for it. But if you feel differently, why waste your time?

Peace...

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i am your ancestor and i say not only vote but take control of the voting mechanism so that the elections can not be stolen.

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Exactly. I totally agree. There are many people that feel like their vote is doing some good, and that's great. Then there are people that don't feel that way. Neither is wrong, and both should be respected.

6. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    We need to do more than just vote, like serving on jury duty, and trying to run for office.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    good point karma.

here is a q

what makes u think our ancestors were not sleeping with whites? lets not forget some rape cases would involve a white girl trying to save her self from being killed for having sex with a blk man so she called rape.

many black women would sleep with white men to "move into the house". while many were raped, or slandered.

n word i would believe ancestors called each other that. the word is used as a term of endeerment with blacks, if any race other than blk says it they are disrespecting.

voting again im willing to bet there were bras and sistas back in the day who were like, why should i vote? i agree voting is a waste. i voted for kerry and feel like a complete idiot! beeing that i voted knowing the election was rigged.

peace

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    one thing for sure billions of our dear ANCESTORS
    are turning over from the dreadful acts we doing today

what would they say would be hard from all the tears they drop
    i weep for them daily in ways unheard of .

we need to have a more stable mind from the slavery bond that
    hold us today and stop the use of this N- word and we all need to
    Vote and take control of the poles we need to lay hate aside and grow
    within our own means as people of color to free self from destructional
    maze we face .

what i think many of them would say is , LEARN THY HISTORY , KNOW THY CULTURE !
    and live from them for a better tomorrow it was us whom open the freedom doors
    and we now lay watching today as it close by lost hope / dead dreams and
    destructional self hate upon our own as it manifest in departure to a mixture
    of race and stolen unity people won't seek today , why are we and living through
    deep depression and heavy struggle in vain from self vain-glory stop the individualism
    and seek togetherness as people a whole to stop the weepin of the forfathers...........