Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders

Life on this went even after several U. S. President died and two world wars ended...

Hence I don't get what motivates your cynicism about the choices left (or left) to us, whichever mainstream political party's mainstream winds up in the White House...

After all, without a true majority, either party will just reflect a minority of the people of this nation as well...
No need to try to "get what motivates" my cynicism, although I prefer to call it my reality, but I won't debate on our different perspectives.

You assume that I accept and support "mainstream" politics, which, I don't.

Your last sentence, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What's a "true" majority...one vote, one count? Or the way the system is rigged now to elect the winner?

Hmmm...could that be part of what motivates my "cynicism"? :thinking:

I have a question for you all. I am wondering why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders when way back in the 60s he stood side by side and was even arrested for fighting for your rights where Hillary never did that for you. I wish that Obama could run for a third term. I think he has done a good job despite having to fight hand, tooth and nail against the Senate and Congress. I don't agree with everything he has done and him not releasing Leonard Peltier (a Native American Prisoner of War for the last 40 years) really pissed me off. I am just wondering why Hillary over Bernie?
Perhaps because little is known about Bernie Sanders background. I didn't learn of his past civil rights activism until May of this year. The Clintons have grown to global status we have known about them since 1992. When people are familiar with someone that oftens breeds more trust.That is just a human trait I think we all have. It may not be the most logical or reasonable road to travel but many of us do walk that path.

You may find this a little interesting

http://www.salon.com/2008/01/28/first_black_president/

No need to try to "get what motivates" my cynicism, although I prefer to call it my reality, but I won't debate on our different perspectives.

You assume that I accept and support "mainstream" politics, which, I don't.

Your last sentence, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. What's a "true" majority...one vote, one count? Or the way the system is rigged now to elect the winner?

Hmmm...could that be part of what motivates my "cynicism"? :thinking:

At least I appreciate your honesty
though I'm even more curious to find out what motivates your comments...

What exactly are YOU presenting as a solution to resolve our peoples unresolved issues and problems??

Holla holla!!

Bro. Chuck . . . I'm surprised that you are asking me what I am doing to resolve our people's issues. . . as you must know, I have offered so many thoughts to describe what I think WE can do, that I can't recall all the threads. Search my name and they should pop up.

I am also doing things like mentoring college age youth, networking with other Black women to engage in social justice dialogue followed by community action events.

But a common message among the many thoughts I've shared here is economics because this is where AAs have a lot of collective REAL power.

I hate to compare us with people from other groups, but I have to give credit, where credit is due in regards to how some people handle their monetary resources.

I believe that Black people need to INVEST in us in terms of businesses and community agencies. We should start investment clubs which were popular in the late 80s and early 90s and capitalize on money-making opportunities.

We need to increase our number of community volunteers to help families and youth.

We can act individually OR become a collective as part of a united organization that teaches and leads a movement locally and nationally. A united game plan could be better than isolated and scattered actions.

We need to stop jumping out there in front of television cameras and broadcasting who we are and what we are about until we have established some firm roots first and have generated a decent following with facts and examples to back us up. We love to tell the world who we are and what we're doing early in the game, without a contingency plan in place to combat counter-revolutionary activities.

We need revolutionary thinking and acting politicians put in office who can disrupt the "mainstream" politics because old-style politics is not working on behalf of Black people.

We need to build a clear narrative that explains what's in it FOR Black people if they join the revolution. Our people need ish broken down in plain English before they will commit to anything. What will proposed changes look like in their daily lives...not philosophically, but tangibly.

I can't tell church-going people what to do, but I believe that preachers in the nation's mega churches need to be held accountable just like we talk about holding politicians accountable and expect to see evidence that the church is investing in families in the Black communities or poor communities to fight against gentrification and uplift and preserve these communities. Imagine what the balance in deposits would look like if we took the money we spend in churches every Sunday and tucked it away into some interest bearing commodity in Black owned banks instead. And, what if those Black owned banks were local banks committed to investing into the Black community...

Just a few thoughts as I free flow ideas . . .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back