Black People : Question??? who do we blame for this?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Workinprocess, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223
    After the short conversation that took place in a particular thread, I have had some uncomfortable sleepless nights. I am trying to understand how it is that we arrive at blaming the victim? I really would like to understand how is it that we arrive at that point?

This is the conversation that took place, other people got involved but this is where the conversation began...

My perspective of that particular conversation was initially from an African perspective but Africans are not the only ones that whites have messed with, that whites have corrupted, manipulated, that whites have attempted to completely brainwash, misuse and abuse.

I would like to look at "Who do we blame for this?" from a global perspective and see what answers we come up with from a global perspective.

Did Native American Indians barter out their own to get in good with whites? Did Native American elites sell out to white people so that they could get in on the same goods that whites had? Who do we blame for why so many Native Americans were killed and their land completely taken away from them, who is the culprit?

From the horses mouth... The genocide of Australians, the Tazmanians. The starvation of Indians in India. In this video, the entire truth is not being told because the implication is that elite Indians became buddies with the British but what about the Tazmanians, they were completely wiped out and their land completely stolen. The Natives Americans were not completely wiped out, but their land was completely stolen.

More on Australian aboriginals, children talk of how they were molested by priest who kidnapped them, took them from their parents. Who do we blame for this?

Bikini Islands located in the Pacific island. These people are a part of the Melansian Island or Mircronesia Islands.

This was hard to watch...

More information:
    http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Bikini_Atoll

I could offer other video footage from around the world but I will stop for now.

Who do we blame is what I strive to understand in terms of how it is that the victim is to blame, how is it that the victim becomes the culprit?

W.I.P :whip:

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i blame the global system of white supremacy

3. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
    I think that some people like to bang on the victim because they hate the victim as well.

4. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I think some people don't want to blame the system, because they have become one-with the system. They may see them selves as Americans first. Some people believe in the American myth.

5. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Whenever some else also profits from being a part of the system:

Yes...

Of course they're going to condone all sorts of things...

Simply put:

Our present challenges etc. reflect what is bound to be clashes--in our midst--between those driven by their GREED or motivated by our NEED(S)...

So no more time left , i. e., to just to waste on those who only make excuses and aren't out to make a difference...

We who continue to see the system as it is:

We also must go on to either help change it or replace it!

:SuN020:

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    trudat........

:bowdown:

7. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Of all I read here i agree that many African leaders still to this day are in partnership with the white power structure and this has been true for a long time.Many believe apartheid is dead, but the black SA government has been in line with international corporations since 1992. Still to this day, there is slavery in Africa. Sudan, Mauritiana, and Nigerian women are being sold like penny candy to European brothels. Nigeria has also engaged in the drug trade to the disadvantage of its population as stomachs are filled with heroin filled condoms and put on everything from intl flights to intl boats headed to other countries. I also believe one of the biggest dangers is that people mistake EXPLAINING for BLAMING. To simply recognize how you got to a certain point is not "blaming the white man" but its the first step in seeing how u were torn down so that u can begin rebuilding yourself and your community. Also , I believe that it is extremely dangerous to look at your bad situation as just being what it is. There are many black people who do manage to get themselves by their own works into very difficult situations. But if you look at the old thread about housing discrimination under Reagan and how whites were given billions to purchase homes and land , then we need not just look at ourselves as inadequate as much so as left out being that not 1 cent went to blacks. Or the fact that only 10million dollars of the stimulus money went to black business. Black business owners are not failures because their businesses didnt work, they just didn't get as much money to cheapen their products and pay their workers better. But some who have the house slave mentality will say "dont blame the wm because your business didnt work, its your field slave recognize whats happening to you attitude thats holding you back"

8. Workinprocess

Ratings:
    +223

Africans as well as some Asians and people in other parts of the world... they feel that present day African Americans benefit from the American system regardless of the fact that their ancestors were African slaves. What are your thoughts on this?

9. Workinprocess

Ratings:
    +223
    It is understood that many black people believe what you stated in the above that you also believe. That was pointed out at the start of this thread. If that is indeed true, I have asked this question before, what other choice do you think African Leaders had, other than the choice to be in partnership with the white power structure?

While you prepare your response to that question, what do you think about the Native Americans? Did America come under the white power structure because Native American leaders partnered with the white power structure? I ask the same question of the Australian Tazmanians and the Melonisians of Bikin Island. I posted videos about what happened to those people in this thread in hopes that a global compare and contrast, could be done in terms of, "who do we blame for this?"

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    we built the "American system"

black people built this place. we ought to benefit.