Black People : question - which needs lots of y'all to look at please

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by deepy, Nov 30, 2003.

1. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    sometimes i am at a complete loss...i come to this site(mind you the only one i participate in)so that i may learn and grow..give and take...However
    there are so many threads...so many places to roam..how would you suggest the best way to navigate..Given that i really don't have a lot of time to spend, some of us are not as fortunate as others to be able to connect for long periods or daily.
    I am interested in all aspects of the african community and yes i can look and pick, but sometimes i come to a subject and the conversations are over.
    are their ways to bring the clarity of certain topics together...for example i started a thread awhile ago about what i thought was something important for the community to do to begin to come together..and the other day i saw the same question with a discussion that went on for days. I recognize that we sometimes see certain names and we move to that thread. or we have read someone else and think okay we understand what they are about and let them go(i am speaking for myself okay)...but each time i stop by i recognize that i have no right to judge anyone and i need to read at least a bit of what others are saying...if it seems like it is much talk , i can move on...but the bringing together of ideas.
    so i need help re navigating...any help...suggestions...ideas of compilation...

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hello deepy,

I'm sorry if you're feeling somewhat frustrated while trying to navigate our growing community. Unfortunately, there's no easy solution to what you are looking for. I think the fun for most of us here is surfing through the numerous threads to find interesting discussion and yes, sometimes, the topics of threads do overlap. Unless the thread has been closed, you can feel free to post your comments at anytime. As you probably have noticed, some of our most popular threads were started more than a year ago and the discussion just keeps going as new people arrive or if the urge strikes someone. So don't feel limited in being able to share your views.

Part of your concern is that you don't have much time to spend here. Hopefully you will in the future because the conversations build daily for those of us who visit everyday and often several times a day. We have a lot to discuss as a people and this is one of the best ways of doing it.

I hope things gett better for you and thank you for being a part of our community!

Peace!