Black Spirituality Religion : question to those who post here.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by j'hiah, Jul 10, 2003.

1. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    question:

if you are "non-christian", so to speak, then why do you spend less topics about your own belief?
    l have noticed that on the boards, people of various beliefs spend more time debating and discussing Christ more than they do their own belief. hmmmm.
    Why is it that Christ is the center of your debates why isn't the object of your own belief the center of your discussions?

l know this is open discussion; however, l ask out of curiosity.

peace.

" No man comes to the Father, but by me"- Christ.

2. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    Ademidemeji,

Of course l would love to convert (not forcefully) those to the one who God sent to die for us and rise again. Why not!
    Better He than the things the world is offering our youth.

Btw, who has been under a personal attack by a Christian here?
    l would not attack you personally. l don't know you like that; however l wont refrain from proclaiming that Christ is the way the truth and the light for all people. lf you're open-minded, try discovering for yourself why He is.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Ashe

good question. Perhaps they spend so much time is because their beliefs are more or less a utility than something organic in their lives?

4. goraddy

goraddy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Here are the reasons:

1) When one grows up being told that Christianity is ONLY way, some eventually start to research it origins. When they do, the natural tendencies is to ask questions and seek answers.

2) The constant - This is the only way to heaven - sermon that we have been told. If ppl want to define THEIR way as the ONLY way - then they are open for queries into their faith.

Beliefs are exactly that - BELIEFS!

Everyone is entitled to one!

5. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Sounds reasonable/logical Mr. Goraddy

6. goraddy

goraddy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Ashe Sister,

I am at work right now, but will respond to your email later on tonight. I like your offer :)

Much love and peace

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I agree.

Yes, Christians are supposed to "spread the Gospel;" but it does appear that there is more of a "MY God is better than YOUR God" mindset by many here MORESO than that mentality and speech coming from Christians. :10500:

At least, that is the way it has been here...Hopefully, that is entering a new era now.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

One can never forcefully convert one to the Holy Son and the Father; even if beaten half to death, and one states they believe, if in their heart they do not, they haven't been converted.

Since faith is of freedom, there is no force about it. You choose to believe in freedom or choose not to; those of us that believe do so because we choose to accept the sacrifice the Holy Son has made for us, and believe the Blood of the Holy Lamb does cleanse us. We choose to believe the Father's Word, and choose to obey in all freedom. How? Because He has freed us from the bondage of sin by His love for us all.

9. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    I would assume that the discussions on religion are mostly about Christianity because black people are predominantly Christian.
    Being new here I have not posted much but you can already know what I believe in. I believe that currently we cannot prove or disprove the existence of god.
    They may have been a time when we could not prove or disprove whether the earth was flat. Saying the world was not flat was just disbelief until we had people like Galileo.
    Disbelief is a belief as we weigh the existence of god, and I must say so far the evidence is weighing strongly against.

10. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    Some puzzling and contradicting statements on freedom. Can you obey and still be free? Faith is a way of knowing and if the way is unreliable you may come to the wrong conclusion. Can you be free if what you know is wrong?