African Traditional Religion : Question for those that follow a Kemetic practice

Since I follow a couple traditions, I was just curious how those who adhere to Kemetic traditions follow them. Please forgive my ignorance.

1. How would you define your practice? Is it more philosophical? Is it more spiritual in nature?

For myself, it is both. The Shemsu Heru is a ritual practice, not dissimilar to Akan or Vodun rituals.

2. Do you belong to a house or do you practice in private?

I have belonged to Hespu (Houses) in the past, but find it more beneficial to keep things within a small group, i.e. my Queen and myself, and a few close brothers and sisters.

3. Do you interact with the Ntr? How do they interact with you?

Yes. In addition to utilizing the Oracle, My Queen is what modern day people call "Clairvoyant". The Nturu speak thru her. Also, my Incarnation Objective has Sekhmet in it, while my Queen's has Auset. I am built for war, while she is built for Love.

4. Are there any special days in your tradition?

Everyday is dedicated to a specific deity. Mine is Tuesday, hers is Friday. We honor days of entering this realm (birthdays), as well as Returning to the Essence. The Heb Sed festival in July, and the Heb Nem in December.

5. Do the Ntr accept offerings or blood sacrifices?

Yes. We participate in offerings, but do not do sacrifices ourselves, since we are no Priests/esses. But sacrifices have been done on our behalf.

6. How did you get into the practice?

I learned of the Shemsu Heru when I first journeyed to Egypt, over 2 decades ago. I began practicing, in the late 90's, when I left Islam (NOI, 5%, MSTA) and embraced African Centered Consciousness.

My Queen, being Cape Verdean by ancestry, had always loosely followed African ways. When we came together, it was a perfect blend for us.

Also, bear in mind, that MOST (I don't wanna speak for all) Kemetic practicioners have adapted other African rituals as well. We are specifically taught that the Nturu correspond directly to the Orishas.

i do my own thing. there is a hesp but i don't really fit in.
i have read and studied but i don't remember most it it. i have trouble memorizing stuff.
that's why i can't really deal with people who have all the writing memorized.
there is a lot of people who have it down chapter and verse and they always trying to 'gotcha'. so i stay away.

there are usually rituals around the solstice and the equinox.

i have some things happen but it's on the border line. can't be sure if somebody is talking or not.

no sacrifices.

i got into it when i thought i was going to die and i needed some information or plan.
then i did not die and now i'm still here wondering why.

in todays world nobody trying to hear anything that an old person got to say so i have no role.

in any case, you should read the books.

You have more value than you think you do, Brother Elder. After all, it was you, and you alone that got me to return here.

When I was younger, I purchased those books. They contained cool info but they were too intellectual and metaphysical for me. Alot of it just flew right over my head.

Ah, that's not the first time I've heard that critique of those works.

RUNA (Ra Un Nefer Amen, the author, and Sheqhemu Sheqhem--King of Kings) teaches that Black people require the "Spiritual Mechanics" demonstrated in Kemetic Theology, in order to reclaim our Consciousness, as it was a systematic campaign that dismantled our Conciousness in the first place.

For myself, it is both. The Shemsu Heru is a ritual practice, not dissimilar to Akan or Vodun rituals.

I have belonged to Hespu (Houses) in the past, but find it more beneficial to keep things within a small group, i.e. my Queen and myself, and a few close brothers and sisters.

Yes. In addition to utilizing the Oracle, My Queen is what modern day people call "Clairvoyant". The Nturu speak thru her. Also, my Incarnation Objective has Sekhmet in it, while my Queen's has Auset. I am built for war, while she is built for Love.

Everyday is dedicated to a specific deity. Mine is Tuesday, hers is Friday. We honor days of entering this realm (birthdays), as well as Returning to the Essence. The Heb Sed festival in July, and the Heb Nem in December.

Yes. We participate in offerings, but do not do sacrifices ourselves, since we are no Priests/esses. But sacrifices have been done on our behalf.

I learned of the Shemsu Heru when I first journeyed to Egypt, over 2 decades ago. I began practicing, in the late 90's, when I left Islam (NOI, 5%, MSTA) and embraced African Centered Consciousness.

My Queen, being Cape Verdean by ancestry, had always loosely followed African ways. When we came together, it was a perfect blend for us.

Also, bear in mind, that MOST (I don't wanna speak for all) Kemetic practicioners have adapted other African rituals as well. We are specifically taught that the Nturu correspond directly to the Orishas.

Very interesting. Thanks brother.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Doesn't Shemsu Heru mean "the followers of Heru"? If so, is Heru ranked pretty high among your practice?

How far does your particular spiritual lineage go back to? Do you call on your spiritual lineage's ancestors to assist in spiritual workings and ritual knowledge?

You mentioned hespu as it similar to the AAS' hespu?

Who is the Ntr of the Oracle? Does one need to be initiated under this Ntr to use the Oracle?

Does "mountings" happen?

That's cool about your Queen. I am a medium too. I receive messages from my Shepsu also. My non egun spirits uusually communicate with me through dreams.

I am a son of Esu so I understand about the incarnation objective. How did you find out who your Ntr is?

What type of offerings are given to the Ntr? When are blood sacrifices usually required?

How do you integrate "adapted rituals" into the Shemsu Heru practice?

Are there any other deities that correspond with the Ntr other than the orisa, like the abosom, nkisi or the rabs? Just curious to know which ones?

Lastly, how did you get into the practice?

Hopefully that is not too many questions. I am just trying to learn more about the practice because my only introduction as been through the Metu Neter Vols 1 & 2 and another book from the Ausar Auset Society. Thanks kotomaa.