Black Women : Question for the Ladies

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Kemetstry, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Do yall get more upset (especially the females) when you get called a "bi.tch" by a male or female?

If you are a married woman, would it bother you more if your husband had called you "bi.tch" rather than another guy?

And why does it appear that its more acceptable for a woman to call another woman that label but all hell breaks loose when a guy calls a woman that?

:SuN016::eek:hmy::em4200::qqb022::em17:

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :lol:

I had to dig down a little for the answer to this one. I'm one of those women who take more offense to the word if it's said by a man. It just seem so much more dirty and triffling when a man calls a women a b. Now if a man uses the word in the context that I'm complaining and says "Why you got to be a b" I'm less likely to get upset about it because I know he's referring to my fussing and complaining.

Now if in a confrontation a women (who aint no friend of mine) calls me the b-word, I'm ready to fight. Now if its said between friends, I find it sortof humorous. See, most women dispise being called the b word, so when your gurl says it...its funny because we both know how we feel about being called such, so the demeanin mannor in which its often used.... is lost.

Also, when a man says it, you know his intentions is to cut you down to the heart. He knows how emotional you are and purposely uses it incite you.

:heart:

3. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

I dont know too many females that like being called the word. But there are a lot out there that do

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

I don't think they like it, it just don't bother them as much.

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    This thread is tricky. I don't like being called a *****. At all. But if a woman says it, it's less offensive than if a man says it. It is the same with the n-word. We may use it but other races may not.

The only way a man might get away with calling me a *****, is in the heat of passionate lovemaking.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I don't like being called out of my name by anyone, male or female. Well, let me qualify that, i don't mind being called "Baby" "Sweetie" "Sugar" "Honey" things like that, but derogatory names, no ... i don't like that at all.

I don't call other Sisters that, and even though i've seen it, heard it, i've never really understood it. How can Sisters complain regarding how they are treated, spoken to, etc., but then do to each other the very thing they claim not to want to receive? It's very confusing to me, and does nothing to lift each other up, which is what we should be doing i think, something constructive.

Absolutely. It would hurt me a whole lot more for someone who claims to love me, to refer to me in that way. That would hurt way worse, than some random man saying the same.

As Dr. Bootzey said, it's kinda like the N word i think, we've somehow learned to accept it, but to me, it is not acceptable. We must begin treating ourselves and each other, the way we want others to treat us. Sending mixed messages like this, only hinders our forward progress.

Destee

7. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    You know, I don't like being called, baby, sweetie or dear. I don't like being called out of my name unless otherwise specified. That should suffice. But those are my issues.

8. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    Like sista Destee..
    I don't like being called out of my name. Male or Female, it doesn't matter.
    I am always shocked that another female would use words that carry negative conotation about themselves. I think I would/am more offended when my own "tribe" call me that. It seems a simple lack of respect for themselves and thus me. BUT I am only speaking of a degree of diffrence..I think I hurt when another female calls me out...and get angry when a male does..

9. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    :SuN041::SuN026::SuN019::em2700:

Not tricky at all :lol:

Ok, I'll bite. Why is it worse for a man to call you out of your name than a woman?

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    So there is not affectionate way for someone to refer to you in that way?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014