Black Spirituality Religion : Question for the different religions that use the same bible

SPEAKFREEDOMnet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 20, 2008
Is there a certain number of converts, repentee’s, etc, that must be reached before God can let up off the curse(s) that he has us (Black Christians/Israelites, Muslims, etc) under?

If I’m not mistaken, when ever there was a warning about blessings & curses, it was always conditional. In other words, if you disobey…curses, yet if you obey or turn from your wicked ways…blessings.

When ever I hear someone explaining away the suffering of our people as punishment from God for turning away from Him, I often wonder about all of our people, the world over, who have converted, repented and continue to serve faithfully. Why do they suffer the same fate as unbelievers, backsliders, disobeyers, etc?

Did not God say to Lot that He would save the city if only one righteous person was found in the city? What about the millions of our people who serve faithfully and sincerely, does not God judge the heart? Why must the entire “race” continue to suffer when so many have turned back or better yet, never turned from God?

How many must repent to have the curse lifted? Does submitting to Allah, confessing Jesus or repentance negate the curse(s) imposed on your life prior to turning to God? Is it even possible for these curses to be lifted…right now...here on earth?

Thank you for taking the time.

No response. Interesting, considering the many threads on religion here at Destee. I realize there are many questions in my OP, maybe to many for one person to answer, and I surely don't expect anyone to speak for a faith they do not subscribe too, however it seems unfair to keep reading & hearing that we as afrikan/black people are in our current condition due to our disobedience to God, yet ignored when ask to explain it further.

One thing seems clear, each faith claims that we are the chosen people of the scriptures (different Interpretations of course) If this is true, then we are also the receivers of the blessings and curses of the same scriptures correct? I'm just trying to understand how those blessing & curses apply today if at all?

Thanks again for taking the time.

The books in the bible reflect the biases of the men who wrote them.

Hence, God is portrayed as choosing the Hebrew children, out of all of mankind, to be his Chosen People. What sense does that make considering that God is also protrayed as running those same people around in the wilderness of Sin for 40 years because of their wickedness, particularly because of their rejection of God? Truth be told, much of the Old Testament involves prophecies about how God was going to punish his Chosen People because of their unrighteousness.

Some religions claim that black people, and not those of the synagogue of Satan, are the real Chosen People. But, that approach still leaves you with the inconsistencies SPEAKFREEDOMnet articulated so well.

All this can only be reconciled by admitting that the bible is not the inerrant Word of God, but rather an example of tares and wheat being allowed to grow up together. Jesus talked about this in Matthew 13:24-30.

If there is a God, and I say there is, he [she? it?] has got to be somewhere shaking his head, jumping up and down mad, and screaming at the top of his/her/its spiritual lungs:

"Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."

The books in the bible reflect the biases of the men who wrote them.

Hence, God is portrayed as choosing the Hebrew children, out of all of mankind, to be his Chosen People. What sense does that make considering that God is also protrayed as running those same people around in the wilderness of Sin for 40 years because of their wickedness, particularly because of their rejection of God? Truth be told, much of the Old Testament involves prophecies about how God was going to punish his Chosen People because of their unrighteousness.

Some religions claim that black people, and not those of the synagogue of Satan, are the real Chosen People. But, that approach still leaves you with the inconsistencies SPEAKFREEDOMnet articulated so well.

All this can only be reconciled by admitting that the bible is not the inerrant Word of God, but rather an example of tares and wheat being allowed to grow up together. Jesus talked about this in Matthew 13:24-30.

If there is a God, and I say there is, he [she? it?] has got to be somewhere shaking his head, jumping up and down mad, and screaming at the top of his/her/its spiritual lungs:

"Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me."
Istlota,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. What is your understanding of blessings and curses mentioned in the OP? What I'm respectfully asking is how do the blessings and curses of the bible apply to us today?

Is there a certain number of converts, repentee’s, etc, that must be reached before God can let up off the curse(s) that he has us (Black Christians/Israelites, Muslims, etc) under?
First of all Muslims Allah has nothing to do with the Bible, get that out of the way first.
Secondly 1/3 of our people need to repent while the 144000 men of God needs to be sealed before Christ comes back which will lift the curse that we are in.

If I’m not mistaken, when ever there was a warning about blessings & curses, it was always conditional. In other words, if you disobey…curses, yet if you obey or turn from your wicked ways…blessings.
You are correct.

When ever I hear someone explaining away the suffering of our people as punishment from God for turning away from Him, I often wonder about all of our people, the world over, who have converted, repented and continue to serve faithfully. Why do they suffer the same fate as unbelievers, backsliders, disobeyers, etc?
They have repented according to the way that the white men taught them, but most of our people have not repented according to the Bible, they don't even consider themselves to be the people of the Bible, they have no clue who they are worshipping, as it is in John 4:22 Most our people have white Jesus in their mind, they are lost.

Did not God say to Lot that He would save the city if only one righteous person was found in the city? What about the millions of our people who serve faithfully and sincerely, does not God judge the heart? Why must the entire “race” continue to suffer when so many have turned back or better yet, never turned from God?
Your questioning as if the people are serving God, the way you worded your questions, sound like something come straight out of Joel Osteen sermon, God judges your heart and action, most our people are wicked in their heart and actions, they don't keep keep commandments one.

How many must repent to have the curse lifted? Does submitting to Allah, confessing Jesus or repentance negate the curse(s) imposed on your life prior to turning to God? Is it even possible for these curses to be lifted…right now...here on earth?

Thank you for taking the time.
What does Allah have to do with Jesus? You are all over the place? let me ask you a question are you a so called African American?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back