Black People : Question For Sister Destee And The Family

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633
    My sister, your site has been so helpful in getting and connecting to our people in many ways.....and thats why its the best and only way to vibe with each other.....

Now i'm a constant listener on blogtalkradio to a lot of the brothers and sisters that airplay and vibe with our people on that angle also....but i wanted to know if it was any way possible for destee members to post blogtalkradio shows on our profiles or some other way.....

I know there's a lot of other online radio sites, but as of now our brothers and sisters on BTR have a good following of listeners, and i think for us to get more information out to our people in an even more way, would be to connect or have a way to post brothers and sisters radio shows to be able to play on our profiles here.

Plus we have brothers and sisters here who have online radio shows of their own, or with an online radio talk site, so i wonder if they would be able to get more info out to more brothers and sisters if their shows were linked to a forum like this, where it could be heard anytime.

Here's one show that i found very interesting and informative, yet many brothers and sisters more than likely haven't got this info:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kamau301/2010/12/20/resistance-to-enslavement-phase-1-on-the-home-front

Just an idea.....:fyi:

MA'AT

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Chinelo ... Peace and Blessings,

It's so interesting that you'd bring this topic up! I just started browsing BlogTalkRadio recently, and have enjoyed listening to the few programs I have of late. I have been registered on blogtalk for years ... Destee's Blog Talk ... but never used it for real. Just the other day, I clicked on the link to be a host of my own show, and they gave me 45 days to set up my first one ... :eeek: ... i hope i make it in time!

You're right, there are many great Sisters and Brothers over there, sharing lots of good information!

I've been thinking just like you have, though I'm not sure how we could easily incorporate it.

I'm so behind on basic maintenance of our site, just keeping us going, that it's really hard for me to do new stuff. Maybe one day we'll have a real TEAM of tech support folk, able to easily facilitate the great ideas that come, but right now ... and for most all the years ... just keeping the toilets flushing properly, has been a challenge for me.

Knowing what I have before me already, I can't promise that this will be something you'll see soon ... easy incorporation of other sites.

Right now though, every Member is welcome to post a link to their site, be it facebook, blogtalk, myspace or whatever.

Maybe you could start a BLOG TALK RADIO SHOW thread, where those who have programs already, can post their links and info, and we can all visit them. Every Member can add great shows they've listened to as well. I was actually thinking of doing this myself, but alas, such things rarely make it to the top of my list. It would be great if you did it for us! :wink:

Even though I can't do exactly as you've asked, right now, I will keep it in mind.

I agree with you, that BlogTalkRadio is providing a great platform for many of our people, and we should support their programs if we can.

Right now though, everyone is welcome to promote their site here ... blogtalk or anything ... according to rule # 5.

Hopefully we'll be able to do more ... manage bigger things ... as time goes by.

If you have more questions, or I failed to answer any of the above, let me know.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,633

Thank you for that explanation and advice sis......i will definitely make a thread like that for people to post important and enlightening talk shows by brothers and sisters on BTR, and hopefully its a convenient way for brothers and sisters to get the knowledge needed without having to go to BTR directly, and to vibe and link up.....:fyi:

I'm listening to a sister right now that is speaking to what life has been like in the mississippi delta region for our people the last hundred or so years, especially with the recent lynching of brother frederick jermaine carter, along with 100's of others hangings, she is deep and the hosts are bringing even more good info, along with the call-ins!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/antoin...-delta?&utm_source=remail&utm_medium=listener

I'll definitely get on making that thread soon.....:)

MA'AT

4. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Greetings Sister Destee and Brother Chinelo

Interesting concept...Sister as you know I have been patching other members plogtalk radio show through to the chat room....Brother Oldsoul being my first. With this being said. I am more then willing to do the same for any member or none member...remember we first have to get permission for none members, to do so. But as I said I am willing to do so. Until you get your's or the member's up and running. As you know this is a win win situation for all parties involved

Lilpea :1on1:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Chinelo ... thank you! I think all of these Sisters and Brothers should be lifted up! It takes a bit of courage to put oneself out in front of everyone, open to challenge, query, etc. I think we should all have blogtalkradio programs, youtube videos, and anything else that allows us to get our message out, let our voices be heard. With this in mind Brother Chinelo ... uhhhh ... i need a link to your blogtalkradio program! I'd love to hear your wisdom all up close and personal! :)

Brother LilPea ... great point and reminder! Our chat room allows us to broadcast the programs to all who are in the room. You have done this, as well as Sister MsDrea ... already helping to promote Sisters and Brothers that are out here doing blogtalkradio and other things. As a matter of fact, anyone can come in and broadcast a show (play a recording, etc.) ... so Brother Chinelo ... if you wanna do it too, help yourself. The only restriction is if there is already a class scheduled here, for that time.

Yes Brothers ... there are many ways we can help our people get their message out ... using what we already have, right here at destee.

Love You Both! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee