Black Spirituality Religion : Question For Radical Faith

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by IssaEl21, Oct 22, 2004.

1. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Ques ; So What Is The Relationship Between Jonah And Yashua ?

2. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Confirmation

Jonah lay inside the belly of the great fish for 3 days.

Jonah 1:17

17 But the LORD provided a great fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was inside the fish three days and three nights.

1. The great fish (dag gadol) represents the grave or tomb or Sheol.
    2. For all intensive purposes Jonah was dead to the world.

Jonah is spat out on to dry land by the great fish.

Ref: Jonah 2:10

10 And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

1. Jonah rises from the grave after three days.

Jesus is preaching to the Pharasees:

Matthew 12:39,40

39He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

1. Jesus predicts his death and resurrection simular to that of Jonah

I just answered that same question for my pastor earlier today. God moves through you brother you should feel blessed. Remember there are no coinsidences, happinstances, accidents. All things happen for the purposes of God. Here a question for you. What kind of fish swallowed Jonah.

Peace Brother

Radical Faith

3. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    Ques ; So What Is The Relationship Between Jonah And Yashua ?

The similarites or relationship between Jonah and Jesusof 2,000 years ago , One of Jesus miracles , , that of being in the bowels of the earth three days and three nights ( Matthew 12 ; 39 - 40 ; Jonah 1 ; 17 . Many of their words and deeds are almost exactly the same , The major events parallel very strongly . In fasct , So interwoven are their lives that you cannot tell the story of one , Jonah , without telling the story of the other , Jesus . And by disclosing these important stories , I consequently Expose the lies and completely dispel the fales concepts of them . The prophecy of Jonah is one of the socalled most important prophecies of the Old Testament . Who knows the meaning , or has attempted to decipher it ? For how many of You Have Yet To Ask Your Pastors , Preachers , Teachers , Imams , Rabbis And So Called Religious Scholars , Who Profess To Know The Bible ? JUST ASK THEM ! ( Jonah Matthew 12 ; 42 Son Of Amittal And Reumah ) . Many people come claiming to teach in Jesus name . But they lie Matthew 24 ; 4 - 5 . Just like Jonah Evaded his responsibility , So do the Preachers and Teachers Evade their Responsibilities to you . They go to Seminaries and Graduate from Theology schools with finely Documented Dispomas and certifcates of Gold , But what do these things mean ? Absolutely Nothing .
    Jonah and Yashua both were sent as A Messiah to a specific Group Of People . Jonah to The Ninevehites Jonah 1 ; 2 <> Arise , go to Nineveh , that great city and city against it ; for ' their wickedness is come up before me
    And Yashua to The Judahites Matthew 15 ; 24 <> But he answered and said I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of thehouse of Israel . To warn them of their destruction from their God ( Jonah [ Eloheem ] And Yashua / Jesus [ Thehos = God ] Both being the same but different languages . Yashua / Jesus being in The greek Bible Thehos = God And Jonah's being thesame but in Hebrew Between These Two Messiah .
    Jonah .. 2Kings 14 ; 25 <>He restored the border of Israel from the entrance of Hamath as far as the Sea of the Arabah, according to the word of the LORD, the God of Israel, which he spoke by his servant Jonah the son of Amit'tai, the prophet, who was from Gath-he'pher.
    Yashua / Jesus .. Matthew 2;22 <>But when he heard that Archelaus reigned over Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there, and being warned in a dream he withdrew to the district of Galilee
    Jonah .. Jonah 1 ; 2 <>Arise, go to Nin'eveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness has come up before me."
    Yashua / Jesus .. Matthew 15 ; 24 <>He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
    Jonah .. Quraan 10 ; 96 - 98 <>96. Those against whom the word of thy Lord hath been verified would not believe- 97. Even if every Sign was brought unto them,- until they see (for themselves) the penalty grievous. 98. Why was there not a single township (among those We warned), which believed,- so its faith should have profited it,- except the people of Jonah? When they believed, We removed from them the penalty of ignominy in the life of the present, and permitted them to enjoy (their life) for a while.
    Yashua / Jesus .. Matthew 13 ; 57 <>And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house."
    Jonah ... Jonah 3 ; 1 <> Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah the second time, saying
    Yashua .. John 16 ; 19 <> Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him; so he said to them, "Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, 'A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me'?
    Jonah .. Jonah 1 ; 12 <> He said to them, "Take me up and throw me into the sea; then the sea will quiet down for you; for I know it is because of me that this great tempest has come upon you."
    Yashua ... John 2 ; 19 <> Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    Jonah .. Jonah 1 ; 17 <> 17 And the LORD appointed a great fish to swallow up Jonah; and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.
    Yashua ... Matthew 12 ; 40 <>For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    Jonah ... Jonah 2 ; 10 <>And the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.
    Yashua .. John 20 ; 14 - 16 <>Saying this, she turned round and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom do you seek?" Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away." 16 Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Hebrew, "Rab-bo'ni!" (which means Teacher).
    Jonah ..Jonah 2; 2 <>saying, "I called to the LORD, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and thou didst hear my voice
    Yashua .. Luke 22 ; 24 <>A dispute also arose among them, which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
    Jonah .. Jonah 1 ; 13 <> Nevertheless the men rowed hard to bring the ship back to land, but they could not, for the sea grew more and more tempestuous against them.
    Yashua .. Matthew 26 ; 50 - 51 <> Jesus said to him, "Friend, why are you here?" Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him. 51 And behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his ear.
    Jonah .. Jonah 1 ; 14 <> Therefore they cried to the LORD, "We beseech thee, O LORD, let us not perish for this man's life, and lay not on us innocent blood; for thou, O LORD, hast done as it pleased thee."
    Yashua .. Matthew 27 ; 24 <> So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves."
    They are similar to each other Rendering them both A Messiah , but not The Only Messiah . Million Today Blindly Accept That Yashua Of Nazareth Is The Only Christ , They produce '' A Thousand And One '' Prophecies From Their BibleThe Old Testament , To Prove Their Claim That Yashua Was The Promised Messiah . Now Lets Examine This Quote , Matthew 12 ; 38 - 40 <>Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to him, "Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you." 39 But he answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    Where Jesus states; '' There will be one sign give to thee of the prophet Jonah'' , And examie whether he fullfilled this promise and his prophecies .
    So what was this sign , and how many were there ? Jesus states in Matthew 12 ; 38 there was only one sign ( Matthew 12 ; 39 - 40 ) . Did Jonah question God ?
    Jonah question God and told God he won't fulfill his promise , and God didn't Jonah 4 ; 1 - 3 . Why does God have to use A Whale to show that he is the God ? He believed in the Bible the book that the 46 scholars put together for the seed of seth . Why was it necessary for God to tell Jonah to go to Nineveh to warn these people of their destruction Jonah 1 ; 2 , For in the case of Daniel , What happened Is that the writting appeared on the wall Daniel 5 ; 5 . Why couldn't God have done the same for Jonah ? Why is it that in some cases he can do all and any kind of things with just the wave of the hand and in other cases God Can't . Why sid God have to sent a Whale to punish Jonah for not doing his duty ? Did Jonah survive in a whale for three days andthree night ? If you say that he did survive , can you prove it Scientifically ? Come on be FoReal . Was This Whale An Ordinary Whale ? According to Jonah 1 ; 17 , it says '' God Prepared
    A Whale '' Specifically For Jonah . Now If God Prepared This Whale Specifically For Jonah . Had This Been A Whale That Had Been Created In The Beginning , AndEvoluted Through The Ages ? If So . Then Jonah Would Not Have Been Able To Survive In His Belly . Now Some Same It Was A Blue Or Sulfur-Bottom . Or Humpback Or Maybe Or Baleen . But To Answer Your Question I Don't Really Know Because I Don't See Anyone Living In Side Of A Whale .
    Here's Another Question ; How could Paul trun from a strong opposer of Yashua to one of his Disciple ?

4. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Repetition

Thank you brother for responding to my question about what kind of fish swallowed Jonah. This question is very controversial. Many scholars differ in oppinion on this question. Scientifically it is impossible for a whale to swallow a man. Anatomically a whale's throat is too small for a man's appendiges much less his whole body. One theory is the fish was a carcharias or a great white shark. This is possible since the shark has a sizeable throat and stomach capable of swallowing a man whole. Also this creature was and still is indigenious to the Meditearrania Sea where Jonah sailed. The hebrew words for great fish is Dag Gadol. Either way what kind of fish it was is irrelevant it is the symbolic meaning of the fish that matters. If you were on a boat with you friend and he/she fall overboard and is swallowed whole by an enormous sea creature, for all intensive purposes that person dead wouldn't you say. So the fish represent death or demise. Not just any kind of death but a horrible death. To be be eaten alive. This is why his resurrection is so important. Sailors that saw him get eaten would have no doubt about the power of God once they saw him alive again. They would go and witness of the miracle they saw. There is nothing God can't do. God chooses what he want's to do and not to do this is proven in Genesis 1,2. Also it is not for us to understand what God does all the time.

Isaiah 55:8,9

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,"
    declares the LORD .
    9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts

Sometime we must wait to see how things play out. Part of why God chooses unlikely charaters the do his bidding is God want us to believe in him. God takes the impossible and makes it possible. Let's take David for instance.

1 Samual 14:11-13

11 So he asked Jesse, "Are these all the sons you have?"
    "There is still the youngest," Jesse answered, "but he is tending the sheep."
    Samuel said, "Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives."
    12 So he sent and had him brought in. He was ruddy, with a fine appearance and handsome features.
    Then the LORD said, "Rise and anoint him; he is the one."
    13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power. Samuel then went to Ramah.

1 Samual 17:45-51

45 David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."
    48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.
    50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
    51 David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine's sword and drew it from the scabbard. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword.
    When the Philistines saw that their hero was dead, they turned and ran.

Hear we see just one of many reoccurring themes of how God takes the least among us and uses them for His divine purpose. God makes the least into the greastest for our edification letting us know nothing is impossible. In the case of Paul who was Saul we see in Acts 9:1-19 God literally and figuratively blinded him so he could see. Paul was the absolute last person God could have chosen to become one his greatest apostles. This is why the Lord chose Paul because of his unlikeliness so that we may believe.

Peace Brother

Radical Faith

5. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    ThankYou

Tankyou For Takeing The Time For Answer My Thread . You Call It Symbolic,
    I Call It Spookism ... I OverStand Why The Word Believe / Belief / Faith Is So Important In Religion Other Wise The Spell Of Belief / Faith / Believe , Wouldn't Work In Religion KeyWord Here Religion . By The Way Their Is One Thing God Can Not Do And The Is Become Less Then Himself And Still Be God
    How could Paul trun from a strong opposer of Yashua to one of his Disciple ?
    That's a good question and the answer is simple . First of all Paul ( never ) was a discipleof Yashua ! He was sent as an Apostle to the Gentiles only . How do I kow ? According to The Holy Bible Paul said Yashua chose him as his instrument for carrying his teaching to the Gentiles who were ( not ) of the House of Israel
    ( Acts 9 ; 15 - 16 ) . However , in Revelation 11 ; 1 - 2 And I Quote '' And there was given me a reed like unto a rod ; and the angel stood , saying . Rise , and measure the temple of God ( Theos . Elohyeem ) . and the altar , and them that worship therein . But the court which is without the temple leave out , and measure it not ; for it is given unto the Gentiles ; and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months ''.
    Notice howthe people outside of the temple were Left Out . Why ? Because they mixed their seed with the Gentiles , and they can only revive salation from the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel , the Holy Seed . So , as it says in Acts 9 ; 15 And I Quote '' But the Lord ( Kurios ) said unto him ( Paul ) , Go thy way ; for he is a chosen vessel unto me. to bear my name before the Gentiles , and kings . and the children of Israel . we know that this was not Yashua speaking , because the Book of Revelation by John son Zebeddee , written in the year 96 A.D. was revealed after the Book of Acts written by Luke ( was Paul inserts ) in the year 61 A.D. over thirty years later . Revelation was written after Paul's statement that Judean '' Jew '' and the Gentiles are the same as in Roman 3 ; 9 written in the year 56 A.D. . forty years before the book of Revelation . So why would Paul say that he was appointed a preacher , apostle and teacher of the Gentlies ( 2Timothy 1;11 ; 2; 7 ; when the point was made clear in Revelation 11 ; 1 - 2 , that you will be left out for mixing your seed with the Gentiles . Yet Paul went to the Gentiles anyway as hesaid he was , coming from his own mouth in , Acts 18 ; 6 , And I Quote '' And when they opposed themselves , and blasphemed , he shook his raiment , andsaid unto them , Your blood be upon your own heads ; I am clean ; from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles ''.
    Here's Another Question If I May < Why do people believe that Paul was disciple ? >
    Again ThanYou For Takeing Time To Answer My Thread , LQQking Forward To Your Answer To The Above Question :pc:

6. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17

THIS IS MAD THINKING...NO FISH WHALE OR WHATEVER COULD swallow Jonah OR ANY OTHER MAN WHOLE ..AND LIVE IN HIS BELLY ....THIS CANT BE DONE ....A WHALES THROAT WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO A THING LIKE THAT...WITHOUT CHEWING THE MAN UP FIRST...SO JONAH WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD IF A BIG FISH OR A WHALE WAS TO SHALLOW HIM.....WHY DO WE READ THIS STUFF AND BLINDLY FOLLOW WHAT IS SAID IN A BOOK WRITTEN BY HIGH(CHEWING WEED) WRITERS FOR HIRE PROFITS WHO COULDNT READ THE SCOLLS THEY WHERE STEALING FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE?

7. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    It's called faith Brother

1 Corinthians 2:6-16

6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
    7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
    8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him".
    10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    11The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
    12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
    13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
    14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
    16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

I threw that scripture out so that you my understand the word of God is for the people of God. All people have the potential to be a part of God's kindom if his or she chooses. God must be worshipped and understood in spirit. Sure your comment about the scripture on Jonah is correct. There is no way in our physical universe or the natural world that a whale or shark or crocidile could swallow a man whole without chewing or the man remain alive for three day in the stomach of creature. Not only would he be dead but he would be partially digested. So no that could not happen in the natural world but we're not talking about a nature god. We're talking about a God that superceeds nature. If God created the man and the beast why would he not be able to control them to do his bidding? See brother this story is not about man that was eaten by a sea creature. It's about the result of running away from your responsibilty and then given a second chance. Let me break it down in terms you'll understand. Let's say there's a brother that is delinquent on his child support and owes mad loot to the state. Now he gets arrested and gets a 90 day jail sentence. In that time he has two choices. He can either serve his time, blame the system or his baby's mama, get out to just repeat the same the thing and receive the same result over and over again. Or he could reflect on where he went wrong, be truely remorseful and when he gets out take care of his responsibily. Brother I know it's hard to understand but just by your response I can tell you're searching for answers. Keep searching brother you'll find them.

Peace

Radical Faith

8. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    For Radical Faith

Here's Another Question If I May < Why do people believe that Paul was disciple ? >
    Again ThanYou For Takeing Time To Answer My Thread , LQQking Forward To Your Answer To The Above Question :hearthis:

9. Radical Faith

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Will elaborate later.

Here's the short answer for now.

Most people don't know the difference between a disciple and a apostle. There is a difference I know you know the difference. I will elaborate later.

Peace My Brother

Radical Faith

10. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    Think YourTrying To Play Me LaughingBigTimeHere

Think YourTrying To Play Me LaughingBigTimeHere < Don't You Really Knew But Hey We're Only Shareing Knowledge ( Yes ) :dance1:

What's The Difference Between A Disciple And An Apostle ?
    First , let's define the two words '' Disciple '' And'' Apostle '' according to '' The American Heritage Dictionary '' The word disciple is defined as ;
    dis-ci-ple ( d'-s p ... l ) N. 3. A . A person who is being educated ; student .
    In Arabic , Hebrew , and Greek . They all share the definition for disciple . As a student ;
    Arabic - [ Tilmeeth ] - literally meaning young student .
    Hebrew - [ Limmuwud or Limmud ] meaning instruted , disciple. learned from the root word [ Lamad ] meaning '' To goad , to teach ''
    Greek - [ Manthetes ] meaning to learner ( Pulpil . disciple ) from [ Manthano ] or [ Matheo ] meaning to learn ( In anyway )
    Now Apostle Is Defined As ;
    A'pos'tle ( ... O 1/4 s '' .. L ) N . 1 . A . One who pioneers an important reform movement , cause or belief
    Arabic - [ Rasool ] meaning '' One sent messenger ''
    Hebrew - [ Basar ] A prim . root ; ''' To be fresh , announce ( Glad news ) messengers '''
    Greek - [ Apostolos ] '' Ambassador messenger . envoy ; one who represents the sender
    As you can see there is definatly a distinction between the two words in all three languages . Basically A Disciple is a Student and an Apostle is a Messenger . :bullseye: