Black Spirituality Religion : QUESTION FOR MR. CLYDE COGER

SPEAKFREEDOMnet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 20, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Priest
Brother Godsman what do you think about the biblical corruption ? The link below shows that, there is something wrong with the the new testament.After reading can you give us your view please?

http://reluctant-messenger.com/biblical-corruption.htm

Bless you all
High Priest,

It appears that godsmantru has not provided the comments you sought concerning the link you submitted. As did Chester, I copied and read the information (of course without permission); but insist that you and godsmantru work through some understanding before I make comment or assessment, if you deem, that originally was desired of godsmantru. Which is now to say, if you are still needful of said comments.
Uhuru! Brother Clyde,

If your offer still stands, I would like to hear your assessment of the article/link provided by High Priest.

Let me make clear that I am not nor do I pretend to be an expert on religion. This is not a "set-up" nor a "sneak attack". I'm just hoping you can give some direct answers to the apparent contradictions raised in the article.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Uhuru!(freedom)

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more"-Harriet Tubman (1820-1913)

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

SPEAKFREEDOMnet said:
QUESTION FOR MR. CLYDE COGER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uhuru! Brother Clyde,

If your offer still stands, I would like to hear your assessment of the article/link provided by High Priest.

Let me make clear that I am not nor do I pretend to be an expert on religion. This is not a "set-up" nor a "sneak attack". I'm just hoping you can give some direct answers to the apparent contradictions raised in the article.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Uhuru!(freedom)

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more"-Harriet Tubman (1820-1913)

Diop Adabuwale,

I made a promise: http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=512677&postcount=797

Eventhough this isnt addressed to me , I will answer your question. Alot of this stuff really has nothing to do with real christianity ,but with the catholic church. The Roman catholic church is corrupt to the point it cant be considered christianity. True christianity comes completely from the bible . You can read the earliest hebrew and greek writing that make up the bible and they fit what the current bible says so there really is no corruption in the bible.

oceolo said:
Eventhough this isnt addressed to me , I will answer your question. Alot of this stuff really has nothing to do with real christianity ,but with the catholic church. The Roman catholic church is corrupt to the point it cant be considered christianity. True christianity comes completely from the bible . You can read the earliest hebrew and greek writing that make up the bible and they fit what the current bible says so there is no corruption in the bible.

I find what you say to be quite amazing indeed! Why? Because if we were to take the Bible as being authentic then we would have to ask ourselves a very important question or two. Let us assume for a minute that everybody in there existed and wrote those books. problem One is that Jesus and his disciples didn't speak hebrew or greek...they spoke Aramaic....so where are the Aramaic writings???? Second question:" According to Acts 11:26 they were first called Christians in Antioch"....so what were they called before Antioch??....and since you believe in the Bible, how was jesus killed?

Keita said:

I find what you say to be quite amazing indeed! Why? Because if we were to take the Bible as being authentic then we would have to ask ourselves a very important question or two. Let us assume for a minute that everybody in there existed and wrote those books. problem One is that Jesus and his disciples didn't speak hebrew or greek...they spoke Aramaic....so where are the Aramaic writings???? Second question:" According to Acts 11:26 they were first called Christians in Antioch"....so what were they called before Antioch??....and since you believe in the Bible, how was jesus killed?

1. Aramaic was the language that was spoken on the street by the comman man , but the language they wrote in was greek because they wanted their message to go through out the world and greek was a far better known language than aramaic

2. I believe the were called followers of the way,but it is totally irrelevant what they called themselves . A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

3. Jesus died on the cross and to make sure he was dead a roman soldier stuck him in the side with a spear. When the spear spear was pulled out the bible says Bloodf and water flowed out of his body wich indicates his heart was pierced. He was definitely dead.

I have questions for you.

1. What are your spiritual beliefs and what is it based on ?

2. How can you be sure what you believe is true ?

3. Did you have a bad experience with christianity to make you hate it so much? If yes please explain. Thank you

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back