Black Relationships : Question for Married Men

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by river, May 25, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brothas.

Many men in my family (stepfather, cousin, brother in law) say they recognized their wife the moment they saw her. They say I looked at her and just knew this is the woman I am going to marry.

How many of you had this experience? Do men have some kind of sensitivity to an energy that tells them this? If you didn't feel it right away did it slowly occur to you or did it hit you like a flash? Did you know it but not feel it?

2. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Although I've been married and divorced twice, I did feel that way with both. After the first date I said I've just meet my wife. I don't know where it comes from, you just feel I will put up with her stuff if she will put up with mine.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I've been to the alter 3 times and I never felt that way. However, even if that occurs there is the possibility that the two of you can grow apart or independently....in which case you need a new wife or husband. Careers can interfere, goals can interfere, sexual drive and personalities can interfere. It's just that although one can have that bond in the beginning, it is no indicator of the future in a marriage. Sometimes you got to know when to hold em and fold em.

4. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm in my third and final marriage. I didn't even like my first wife when we met, but I was desperate and she was all there was available, she got pregnant while I was in the military and I was literally ordered to marry her. We had the child and broke up every three months until we called it quits after about three years.

I met my second wife while separated from my first wife. I really did like her from the beginning. We lived together for fifteen years before getting married. The marriage lasted for another eight years. I still like her and we remain friends.

My third wife and I met on another poetry web site. After talking over the phone and emails for a few months, we met face to face. I knew after about two hours of being with her that I was going to marry her. I proposed to her after two months and we were married two months later.

There really isn't a valid explanation I've heard to explain that feeling. I suspect that the woman reminds the man of someone in his past, such as his mother, sister aunt, school teacher. There is also the preferences we all have in appearance etc.

5. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Akhera Unpa

Looking back (We have been married for 10 years) I felt like I was in the Truman Show (whoever saw the movie) I walked in the door at work ready to drudge out another day and my co-workers were smiling at me and I remember this very meek lady coming up to me saying: "Leave her alone, she already has a boyfriend" ..now it wasn't like I was some knock em dead ladies man but all of this activity caused me to be curious as to who this young lady was. I peaked around the corner and saw her filing and she looked up and said "how you doin" and I was sold ...I really got sucked into one of those ocean jet streams with her because from that point everything in our individual lives that characterized why we couldn't be together started deteriorating.After we got married we progressively filtered "our understanding" of that original magic into the Paut Neteru. Now I am Khem kefaAb MenNefer and she Akhera unpa...3 sons ..Shaaim- u'at- ab, Kha- shem- neru and Tchaas-Aum-Seshmut.:grouphug: :hearts2: :swim: in the waters of NU.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Sister River ... i know you asked the Brothers, and they have provided some really beautiful, tender moments in their lives.

I hope you don't mind me sharing, in my future husband's stead ...

See ... i got it all planned ... i'm gonna hit him over the head with a 40 oz, he'll be caught off guard, and never see it coming. He'll hear music as he loses consciousness. Then i'll drag him into the trunk of my car, take him home, to the basement ... yes, the basement, as i've been preparing it for him, it has everything he'll need to sustain life and love with me forever ... he'll never have to leave it (plus he can't, as he'll be tied up and bolted in) ... and he too will be able to say ... it all happened in the twinkling of an eye! :nuts:

Ohhh it's going to be soooo BEAUTIFUL ... i can't wait! :love:

:heart:

Destee

7. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    LOL.....I'm thinking of that crazy phrase WE say to each other when something is funny..."you stupid"...or "you so crazy"...still....I can certainly appreciate the desire for such a well thought out plan...lol:hearts1: ...doesn't sound like you will be needing a preacher/justice of the peace or the like....can't have no witnesses...but dang.... no one will be able to meet him..or...will there be a celebration in the basement...like those old time basement parties??:juggle: :hot:

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Sista Destee you know the ssquirrels looking for you, don't you:D

And here is the music that he will hear as he loses consciousness
    http://ebonyminds.com/Future/

My running fantasy is that I will be in my apartment and he will knock on the door looking for a cup of sugar. I say "I hope you like brown sugar. That's all I have." He says "Girl, that's all I need."

And the rest is future:D

9. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Whew!!!!

Whew!!!! I'm glad it's just not me thinking that's how you catch the love of your life. Talk about a 'love tap' .

So now I just got to go out, wait around to get knocked over my head with a 40oz.

The things we do for love.

LOL

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    By any means necessary

The hip
    The hop
    The hippy
    The hippy to the hip hip hopping ya don't stop a rocking to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie dee bee