Black People : Question For Foreign War Veterans...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Dec 1, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

I have heard that Veterans who served in Vietnam or Desert Storm can NOT donate whole blood.

Is this true?.....Have you ever heard this before?....Has any medical authority ever told you couldn't donate blood because of your war service?

Or is this just another myth?

2. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    THANATOS

I WAS IN DESERT STORM, I WAS IN THE 18TH AIRBORNE CORP OUT OF FORT BRAGG, NORTH CAROLINA

OUR UNIT WENT OUT ON AUG 3 1990, THE DAY AFTER IRAQ INVADED KUWAIT, BEFORE WE WENT WE HAD TO GO AND GET THESE SHOTS BEFORE WE LEFT AND THE SHOT CAME FROM SOMETHING THAT LOOK LIKE SUB MACHINE GUN, THEY SAID IT WAS TO HELP PROTECT YOU FROM VIRUSES OVER THERE. WHEN WE GOT TO SAUDI ARABIA AND AFTER AWHILE I NOTICE PEOPLE GETTING SICK MAINLY SOME WAS CARELESS BECAUSE WE WAS IN OUR PROTECTIVE SUITS IN 120 DEGREE WEATHER SO PEOPLE WOULD TRY TO GET SOME AIR AND SOME GOT SICK.

HERE THE THING THERE WAS NO SCUD MISSLES ATTACK WHERE WE WAS WHICH LEADS TO ME THAT IT WAS THE SHOT, I STILL HAVE A SCAR ON MY ARM FROM THE SHOT. MANY PEOPLE I KNEW GOT CANCER AND THEY IS TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO DONATE BLOOD BUT IN ESSENSE IT IS A INFORMAL THING

3. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I was stationed in the U.K. a year b4 the desert storm. Because I was in europe in that time they won't accept my blood. That mad cow disease fiasco still got them shook.

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Hmmm.

Well, that's also makes me wonder about any documented birth defects of Desert Storm vets. :?: