Black Spirituality Religion : Question for Destee

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Sekhemu, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Just out of curiousity, Destee. Do you have a religious affiliation? and if so what is it?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    lol Brother Sekhemu ... you know what ... i have been a part of this community since it's inception, and no one has ever asked me that! :)

Even though no one has asked (if memory is serving me properly), i have often thought how important it is that i don't lean toward one "religion" over another. This community and the goals we have for it are so much more important than any one thing i believe in my life. It is so much bigger than me.

It is about all of us being comfortable and free to come here and share, take a load off, relax, no matter what religion a person is, or who they sleep with, or what they eat, or wear ... my people are in such great need of the energy that comes from just being in the midst of each other ... that what i am, or think, or feel ... should come into play as little as possible ... for it is not about me.

Not that it is all about me ... i'm just saying ... as the one that took heed to the vision God gave, i recognize how some may be swayed simply by that fact alone ... and that is not necesarily a good thing, so i work hard at minimizing it as much as possible. We must all do because God moves us to do, not because Destee or anyone else does so ... though they may be used in the process, the catalyst if you willl ... but it is very important to me ... that honor be given where it is due ... and that belongs to God.

Brother Sekhemu ... as far as my own religious affiliation is concerned, it doesn't really matter what i am ... it is what i do that counts. What do people see in me? If there is a religion associated with my behavior, would people want to be a part of that? Would they be drawn to it? Does it have a light that shines bright? Is it warm? Oh gosh ... am i living whatever i claim (or don't claim) to be?

It is so not important what religion i am ... if i am always arguing with my Sister or Brother ... if i am always trying to show their shortcomings ... if i am always trying to point the finger at another ... if i am always trying to prove another wrong, and myself right ... if i am always trying to fight with someone ... what does my religion have to do with that? I would bring shame to any religion i professed to believe, if this was my behavior.

Okay Brother Sekhemu ... i realize i still have not answered your question ... :lol:

Oh gosh Brother ... no one has ever asked me this before!

What was the question again?! You know i'm long-winded! :)

If we must, it's better to match "what we do" with an affiliation ... instead of matching "what we say" to one.

Brother Sekhemu ... if you had to guess ...what religion would you think i am?

Which one(s) espouses the type of behavior you have seen from me?

:heart:

Destee

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I have no idea, that's why I asked. But that's ok, I'll leave it alone.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    devil worship? :dance:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother Sekhemu ... i wasn't trying to shut you down, just stimulate some discussion.

lol Brother James ... you KNOW i'm an angel !!! ... :angel1: ... :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

6. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Oh! I see!