Black Spirituality Religion : Question for Christian women

Are you claiming that Islam teaches breast-feeding adult strangers?

Peace.
Bro. Williams

whether the koran does or not i have not the slightest idea - but its a practice in saudi arabia - and a temporry fatwah was recently lifted on it when muslim scholars decreed that it was a practice advocated my muhamed

Peace my beloved Sisters (women who are not White,)

Deuteronomy 25:5-7: "(5)If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her. (6)And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel. (7)And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother."

Christian Sisters (women who are not White:) If this Scripture said the opposite, that if there are two sisters instead of two brothers, and the married sister dies, her sister should marry her husband and have children with him, what would you think of a Scripture like that?

Peace & Blessings to you,
Bro. Williams

Hello...
You have to understand the context in which the scripture is written. In Mosaic law, the most important thing of all was to maintain the wealth (such as it may have been) of the family... so widowed women didn't marry off to men outside the tribe... if they did, all the wealth of the dead husband went with them... Unacceptable. So the idea of the brother going in to the wife was more about laying claim to her, her offspring and her (husband's) wealth...

With that said, since the woman had no real wealth beyond what was given to her by the husband, flipping that scripture is mute. It would not have happened then, or now. Hebrew marriages were business arrangements, and wives were property in that arrangement.

Hello...
You have to understand the context in which the scripture is written. In Mosaic law, the most important thing of all was to maintain the wealth (such as it may have been) of the family... so widowed women didn't marry off to men outside the tribe... if they did, all the wealth of the dead husband went with them... Unacceptable. So the idea of the brother going in to the wife was more about laying claim to her, her offspring and her (husband's) wealth...

With that said, since the woman had no real wealth beyond what was given to her by the husband, flipping that scripture is mute. It would not have happened then, or now. Hebrew marriages were business arrangements, and wives were property in that arrangement.

Well said seeker1161, well put indeed ... and :wb: too!

thank you... I am just passing through... I think... we shall see... lol

Okay, no problem seeker1161, this explains your screen name as well as why you were last here back in 2008. Just know that whenever you are here, you are welcomed back ... :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back