Black Spirituality Religion : Question for Bible-believing Sisters

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
Peace, Sisters,

I wanted to ask my Sisters (any non-White woman,) why do you think Adam in the Bible chose to obey his wife rather than God? Genesis 3:17:

"And unto Adam [God] said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;"

My personal belief is that Adam was guilty on his own and Eve was not responsible for him, just as God's punishment of Adam shows. If man is the head of woman, then one might even argue that Adam was responsible for Eve.

Peace & Blessings to you.
Bro. Ecks

He trusted Eve, because she was his own flesh and blood. He feared the Father, but didn't think that Eve offering him to eat of the very tree they were commanded not to eat of, would be his downfall. He knew she knew what the Father had commanded as well as he, so he might have figured there'd be no harm done.

He was responsible for her, since she was given to him and not the other way around, and so he payed a price for listening to her instead of the One greater than himself, the Father. But of course she payed also for what she had done, falling for what the serpent had told her.

Ecks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 4, 2013
He trusted Eve, because she was his own flesh and blood. He feared the Father, but didn't think that Eve offering him to eat of the very tree they were commanded not to eat of, would be his downfall. He knew she knew what the Father had commanded as well as he, so he might have figured there'd be no harm done.

He was responsible for her, since she was given to him and not the other way around, and so he payed a price for listening to her instead of the One greater than himself, the Father. But of course she payed also for what she had done, falling for what the serpent had told her.

Thank you, my Sister:).

Peace.
Bro. Ecks

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: