Black People : Question for any science heads

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by African_Prince, Apr 24, 2007.

1. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    Are chickens intelligent? Do they have deep emotion? If they do, I feel guilty for eating them but I don't think I can stop. I think I can stop eating red meat but not chicken and fish.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Yes - I had a tough time trying to stop eating Turkey. Pork was easiest, then Beef, then Chicken...Turkey, as I said, was a struggle.

One of my sources tells me that Chickens are like unto "pigs with wings." For the most part, the reason why we should not consume Chicken is because when it is processed, a certain Chlorine-type liquid is injected in the bird to ensure that it is not dry for consumption. Afterward, that is when all of the hormones and such are injected. Before all of that, it is rather healthy.

Also, be mindful that eggs are, (keeping it real), "dead chickens." If eggs/egg white can be healthy, why would the very "womb(s)" it come from not be healthy? That is as close to 'intelligent' as I can get with my analysis. Allow me to further investigate for more information.

KM

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace & Health Destee Brothas!

This is a very good question to ask!! All animals have deep emotions. Honestly the average chicken eaten in America is retarded. Not being funny..but if anyone gets the documentary done on chicken farms they should post it here. I do eat fish from time to time, only organic and only farmed raised. However- we should even question these, research is important.

If its true we are what we eat, then I don't see anyone getting far on the consumption of retarded chickens. I saw the video and I wanted to throw up just watching it. Chickens with no eyes, or with eyes hanging out the sockets. Chickens with terrible diseases still getting slaughtered and packaged. Chickens packed together, not allowed to roam free and experience the world as Chickens should...I mean- I still don't believe eating meat is terrible. If meat is raised under the right conditions, healthy conditions, non-toxic conditions- and live a loving life experiencing the world, and if the "meat-eater" can hunt and kill his/her meal themselves- then they deserve it.

If we love Chicken so much, we should raise them ourselves. Now I understand why these fast food companies can sell a bucket of chicken with biscuits for $2.99.

4. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Food Conjecture

It was hard to stop eating chicken.....especially the way moms made it.

There are alot of veggie recipies though that provide for palatable flexibility.

I think we have a proverbial Zoo brimming within us that only gets exacerbated when we, ritualistically, reinforce its influence by feeding it attributes of itself. I think all "kinds" of animals (partially ourselves) are crystallizations of this primal (animus) sphere of awareness which anima-tes and IS a particular aggregate mode of intelligence amongst layers. I think meat eating reinforces the psychology of predation only in degree but not totally or absolutely. I think vegetation is a more subtle form of this ritual (eating) and easier for the body to blend through its alchemical processes. It is less hostile in its presentation and (when options for recipies are broadened) provide the complex carbs needed for, nutritionally preferred, glucos. IMO