Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Question concerning the metu neter

Discussion in 'Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group' started by OmowaleX, Nov 11, 2006.

1. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    According to the metu neter, what is the "Source of all evil"?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    since you say that you have read the metu neter yourself, why do you ask this question?
    having read it you already know the answer.

3. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    I ask because I want to know what the understanding is of others.

4. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    you said that you read the book and that you reject the book. you don't care for it. why do you care what people think?
    if you have rejected the book, which is OK by me, why do you continue?
    why not just move forward with something that you do accept?
    seem like beating a dead horse to me.

5. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    As I stated, I ask because I want to know what the understanding is of others.

Can you answer a simple question without questioning my motive?

6. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    By the way, can you quote exactly where I stated that "I reject the book"?

I am sure a few days ago I stated that I have read up to Volume 2, Chapter 17. That means that I am still engaged in "study".

I am sure that I can accept the Message without accepting the "messengers" if the message is itself Divine Knowledge that proves beneficial in my own process of SELF-initiation.

7. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    In fact, I stated clearly what it is that I "reject".

It is the manner in which...
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=452912&postcount=13

8. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    "When philosophers ask ontological questions they are concerned with establishing what is actually or possibly out there in the world, independently so to say of the idiosyncrasies of their own cognitive processes."

"Ontologists assume it is possible, and take ontologies to be the result of such an effort. Let's say however that, even though we take the somehow relativistic position that whatever result of a cognitive process it will always be nothing more than a particular, subjective, point of view, the distinction between ontology and epistemology should be maintained, at least from a methological point of view, in order to be be able to distinguish a cognitive process directed to the world from a cognitive process directed to another cognitive process."

In other words, denying the fact that the ultimate and definitive ontology could be reached has nothing to do with the distinction between an investigation concerned with what are the kinds of structures of the objects, properties and relations, and another investigation concerned with how can a particular subject posit the existence of a particular object with a particular structure, or more precisely, when is a particular subject justified in holding that a particular object with a particular structure exist.

If in this particular context "We must understand the difference between thinking and knowing" and "the mistaking of thinking , and the acquisition of information for knowing is one of the fundamental causes for evil in the world" and assuming it is also true that "A careful study of people will show that they honestly believe that they equate the knowledge of the information that they have recieved about things in life , especially religion, government, marriage and such topics with knowledge of the realities themselves" my questioning is an attemopt to determine what is knowledge differentiated from what is thought concerning the source of all evil.

There are those who state openly that they do not believe yet do not precisely indicate they know that which they profess to think. I am in the process of practical application of what I know and am attempting to connect with those of like-mind.

9. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I don't know what it states as the source of all evil, but in chapter 7 vol II is the following:

How is Evil Established in the World:

"The Setanists are those relatively few individuals in the world who have developed their will beyond the majority of Sahu Men, but have not developed it enough to overcome the lower faculties (intellect, imagination, memory and emotions). Thus, their will is still dominated by their lower faculties, especially the intellect and animal spirit.

The higher development of their will above the Sahu Man gives them the ability to dominate the latter. They gain enough insight into the workings of the lower faculties, and the weakness created by the absence of input from the dormant higher faculties to enable them to deceive the Sahu Man, and thus gain control over him/her. As the Sahu Man makes up the majority in the world, Set is thus able to gain world dominance."

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    my bad, i thought you said you had rejected it.