Support : Question about where some posts go

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Gorilla, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Is there a section that's particularly suited for philosophy ?

Do we have a section that's more appropriate for nontheism?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    No we haven't but if really needed a sub-forum may be created
    but when we created the open forum it was like fair game for much of any topic
    to go into beside poetry less it was presented as a discussion.

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, there is such a forum for believers and non-believers:

Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion

Know "the" way or seeking it? Spiritual but not religious? Raised in one faith but practicing another? Don't believe at all? Share your views.

4. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I just noticed that we have an area specific for history, yet we didn't have one fr philosophy. If they're meant to go to the open forum or if they're like poetry and go in the poetry section, that's fine.

I also noticed that we have a couple of sections about studying religions, that lately seem to require you to be a practitioner to participate in, but we don't have a section for nontheism (which would include more than just non-believers). Buddhism seems to be as close as we get in terms of some schools of thought not having personal gods.

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    As for being a "practitioner," allow me to clarify....Because of some past events, the Mod Team had determined that each "study forum" would be "reserved" for those who adhered to each spiritual path. Now, yes, any member of any path can respectfully participate in those discussions...and I stress "respectfully" which was defined by the Mod Team as without "negating energies" or "challenges" or "counter positions/opposing views." ----Furthermore, the Mod Team specified that any member could still voice his/her "challenges" or "counter positions" via the "Black Spirituality" Forum by creating a separate thread there.

However, for your particular "path," just post a thread to Destee asking for a separate study forum for "Non-Theism" or however you'd like it titled/labeled.

She has offered to add/create any other "study forums" for members who do not see their spiritual path or beliefs represented in the sub-forums.

6. Gorilla

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    If someone participating in the study groups is curious about another belief system, they'll only have the frame of reference that by definition is a "counter position" or an "opposing view". It also kind of contradicts in the excerpts you've provided below. If it's meant to be a walled garden, that's fine. I don't really have a horse in those races. It just seems like a bit of a waste because there may be some people who find particular religions interesting without ascribing them the same weight adherents do.

I'm giving it some thought, and I'll probably decide whether or not i suggest it after reading through old posts.