Black Spirituality Religion : Question about the Jews

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by John Williams, Jul 18, 2014.

1. John Williams

John Williams Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Peace & Blessings to you,

...I have heard a lot of times Christian preachers praising the Jews. I was reading Matt. 8:10-12 this morning, and that Scripture made me ask, didn't Jesus prophesy the doom of the Jews. Matt. 8:10-12, NKJV reads:

"(10)When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!(11)And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.(12)But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'"

Doesn't Jesus herein prophesy the doom of the Jews?

2. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    This verse is referring to the Jews, who do not live according to the teachings of Jesus. Not all.

3. John Williams

John Williams Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    Peace dear Sister:),

But one of Judaism's tenets is that Jesus is not the Messiah. In fact, the Talmud says that Jesus is "in hell burning in excrement." If the Jews believe that then doesn't that mean that all Jews will be doomed? And if Jews do believe that Jesus is not the Messiah and that he is "in hell burning in excrement," why do so many Christians praise them (the Jews?)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    How does one go from the New King James Version to the Talmud?

Not suggesting that other books can't be useful for cross-referencing, but still wanting to know.

5. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    The only Jew that is following the Laws of God are those that are Called Karaite.
    The Pharisaical Jews (Pharisee) of today and yesterday and the Sadduccees of the past were the type of Jews who adhere more to their Rabbinic doctrine and teaching than to the word of God....it is these Jews that Christ was against who sit in the seat of Abraham.
    Christ being a Nazarene (sub sect of the Essene) would object to the Talmud and all Oral traditions.
    John the Baptist being a Nazarite also had a problem with those two types of Jews