Black Relationships : Question about size when dating

JoWillie

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 30, 2004
Whats up with not dating or choosing plus size women? The media and the majority of white men describe the ideal woman as being skinny, bony, gaunt, thin or boyish-looking.

Why do black men who are huge-size have the nerve to follow after white men with this same ideal?

I’m not small, but I’m not a skinny-Minnie either. A large size (big stomach) male I was introduced to had the nerve to ask me my size over the phone before he met me in person. He saw a picture of me and thought I was cute, but wanted to know if I was fat. I asked him what different would it make. It would be rude of me to ask him how much he weighted. Of course he said it didn’t make a different, he just wanted to know.

I thought it was an insult for him to ask me if I was fat before he met me. So, just for the hell of it, I told him I had size, not to large and not to small and that it would not hurt if I lost some weight. I wasn’t specific at all. Well guess what, I never heard from the man again. So, what’s up with that?

Later I was told he didn’t like “BIG” women. He preferred his woman small. What a laugh. I’m glad I didn’t meet him, too hollow.

I’ve heard not only him but several men say this…it’s tough for women of size.

I wonder why over weight women do not appeal to over weight men, but these same men expect small women to want them? :rolleyes:

I think it is sort of hypocritical for big men to not want to date big women, but that's preference. I think in general men just don't find big women attractive. I like small petite women. Ideal height and weight is about 5'5 120-130 lbs. There is nothing wrong with only wanting to date people that keep themselves healthy...and being over-weight is not healthy. It's not a black man/ white man thing either. We're talking about over-weight women...not women that are curvatious or thick in all the right places. Men just don't find women that don't care to keep themselves fit as attractive. People should not blame men...they should blame themselves IF they stop caring how they look or how much they weigh.

JoWillie said:
Whats up with not dating or choosing plus size women? The media and the majority of white men describe the ideal woman as being skinny, bony, gaunt, thin or boyish-looking.

Why do black men who are huge-size have the nerve to follow after white men with this same ideal?

JoWillie:

This is a matter of preference. Some men are attracted to thin women, others are attracted to big women. Some men are attracted to short women, while others are attracted to tall women. Of course you will find some who don't make a difference either way. You should realize that the majority of men do have a physical preference about the women they like, and try not to figure out why! There are plenty of men who like big women, focus on those who do, and don't worry about those who don't!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back