Black Spirituality Religion : Question #3 for Bible-believing Sisters (Gen. 3:16)

Ecks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 4, 2013
Peace, my beloved Sisters (all females who are not White,)

I hope that you are doing fine today.

Could I ask another question? It's about a part of Gen. 3:16. That Scripture contains God's punishment to Eve for her transgression in the Garden. Gen. 3:17-19 contains God's punishment to Adam for his transgression. But getting back to Gen. 3:16. I wanted to ask, what do you think this part of Gen. 3:16 means:

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband..."

Keep in mind my beloved Sisters that that ("...and thy desire shall be to thy husband...") was a punishment from God.

Peace & Blessings to you.
Bro. Ecks

Peace, my beloved Sisters (any female who is not White,)

I hope that you are doing fine today.

Could I ask another question? It's about a part of Gen. 3:16. That Scripture contains God's punishment to Eve for her transgression in the Garden. Gen. 3:17-19 contains God's punishment to Adam for his transgression. But getting back to Gen. 3:16. I wanted to ask, what do you think this part of Gen. 3:16 means:

"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband..."

Keep in mind my beloved Sisters that that ("...and thy desire shall be to thy husband...") was a punishment from God.

Peace & Blessings to you.
Bro. Ecks

No it was not a punishment. It was a position of love and care. A woman has an heavenly gift in her husband given by God that she may have confidence in him for care and well being for herself and her children. In turn she is his help mate where she can, to make his way in life a blessing.

No it was not a punishment. It was a position of love and care. A woman has an heavenly gift in her husband given by God that she may have confidence in him for care and well being for herself and her children. In turn she is his help mate where she can, to make his way in life a blessing.

Peace, Sister willa,

Actually my beloved Sister, if we look at the context of everything in the story, we can see that God was pronouncing punishment on Eve when He said, "thy desire shall be unto thy husband." A person's desire for fulfillment should be unto God. God is who must be depended on, not husband or wife, but that was Eve's punishment.

Man cannot fulfill woman, God is who fulfills but that was a punishment.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Bro. Ecks

Peace, Sister willa,

Actually my beloved Sister, if we look at the context of everything in the story, we can see that God was pronouncing punishment on Eve when He said, "thy desire shall be unto thy husband." A person's desire for fulfillment should be unto God. God is who must be depended on, not husband or wife, but that was Eve's punishment.

Man cannot fulfill woman, God is who fulfills but that was a punishment.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Bro. Ecks
Only if you want to say as a couple, the man presides in righteousness over the family. I don't see that as a punishment. I see it as he is more accountable to God for the choices he makes for the family. Are you saying that a woman desires her husband more than the husband has desire for his wife. See that can't be right.

Only if you want to say as a couple, the man presides in righteousness over the family. I don't see that as a punishment. I see it as he is more accountable to God for the choices he makes for the family. Are you saying that a woman desires her husband more than the husband has desire for his wife. See that can't be right.

No Ma'am, I'm saying that fulfillment comes from God. Man cannot fulfill woman; it was a punishment from God that her desire was unto her husband instead of God.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back