Black People : Queens Man Shoots Wife,Kids & Himself

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Feb 22, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    A man shot his wife and two daughters and then turned the gun on himself in Queens this morning in an apparent murder-suicide -- even leaving a note behind saying he was "sorry" for commiting the gruesome crime, police sources said.

Cops discovered the four bodies at 145-20 230th Place in Springfield Gardens after the father, Mark Bailey, a bus driver in Nassau County, shot his family in their bedrooms, police said.

Bailey was found in chair in the main room. All four had gunshot wounds to the head with a 9mm pistol.

A note was also found in the kitchen, where Baily wrote, "I am sorry. Love, Mark," according to police sources.

His wife, Dionne, 42, was an assistant principal at Philip Randolph High School.

One daughter, 19-year-old Yonique, was a student at Stony Brook University and the other, 14-year-old Yolon, was a student at Cardozo High School.

The family moved to this country from Jamaica nearly 20 years ago.

Read More here

2. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    This

is happening more and more frequent. We have had more than I can remember here where I live just like this. One the other day..::sigh::

3. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Yeah it is sad...

The economy adding to this problem? Or another reason?

4. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    That is CRAZY! The only note he left from the brief intro to the new was that he left a note saying sorry? So he knew what he was doing, but apparently no detail as to why he commited the homicide and subsequent sucide! I have no idea why a person would do that...but in their minds and ration they had their reasons...I wonder if anyone will come forth with any more information that he could have divuldge during the time of his turmoil before he followed his plan...:( So sad!!

5. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    This happened Thursday

Detectives said 40-year-old William Moseley III fatally shot his 39-year-old wife, Shawna Moseley, before fatally shooting himself.

Columbus fire responded to the scene and pronounced William and Shawna dead on the scene at 1:19 a.m.

Two boys, ages 3 years and 9 years, were in the home at the time of the fatal shooting. The boys were not injured during the incident and are with family.

CPD Sgt. Dana Norman said there wasn’t any indication there was a fight or a struggle in the home.

CPD could not confirm possible previous runs to the home immediately.

William’s motive remained unclear.

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Wow! Another tragedy...

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Lord, give peace where there is chaos and crisis so our people and our children won't continue to choose death over life.

8. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    it must be akward, & desperate circumstances to come to the conclusion that taking the lives of your loved ones, and then turning the weapon on ones self to espape could be the only rational solution to what is at war inside the mind..

I always have heard, those who commit suicide are taking a cowardly way out, and that those who do this are not fit nor built for lifes struggles, I think though, at times it may be that they just will not put up with anymore of the BS that we have grown to accept here on this earth...

I try not to judge since I do not know what their reality looked like, but

I too wish that those who are left to pick up the scattered pieces, find comfort, strength, counsel in times such as these...

very,... very disturbing, and unfortunate.......