Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Associated Press
Posted: 6 minutes ago

Click HERE for article.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Titans told Steve McNair they don't want him working out in their building until his contract is reworked, the quarterback's agent said Tuesday.

McNair was told to go home Monday when he showed up at the team's headquarters for the start of the third week in the Titans' offseason conditioning program. The team's general counsel had called agent Bus Cook earlier Monday and informed him McNair would be told to leave.
A team trainer told the 11-year veteran to leave, Cook said.

"You tell the guy who's the mainstay of the organization, the leader, to get out, that he's not wanted, that's pretty rough," Cook said. "I don't know what Steve will do or won't do. I imagine he would have a hard time going back over there."

McNair, the NFL's 2003 co-MVP, is due $9 million in salary in 2006 - but his salary cap number is $23.46 million. Cook said the quarterback was told the Titans were worried about a potential injury, but said the general counsel told the agent they don't want McNair working out on team property until his contract is reworked.

The Titans did not immediately comment Tuesday. General manager Floyd Reese and coach Jeff Fisher were in Los Angeles following a private workout of Southern California quarterback Matt Leinart.

McNair is the franchise's winningest quarterback with a record of 81-59. He started 15 games in 2005 and threw for 3,161 yards.

McNair, who turned 33 in February, is one of only five NFL players to throw for 25,000 yards and run for 3,000, along with John Elway, Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young and Randall Cunningham. He has 27,141 yards passing.

The Titans hold the No. 3 pick overall in the draft, the same spot at which they took McNair in 1995. They have been studying top quarterback prospects Leinart, Vince Young of Texas and Jay Cutler of Vanderbilt in recent weeks.

triniti424 said:
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa now THATS a blow to a mans pride smh what is THAT about?!? smh *sigh*
You ain't lyin'. They discarded him like that...just because he hasn't finished his deal with his contract. That let's you know what people think of you.

I'd just go somewhere else and let them replace me. That's what they're trying to do anyway.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back