Black Spirituality Religion : Q. What Is Salvation?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    A. SALVATION IS THE SELF REALIZATION THAT DIVINITY IS ACHIEVED FROM WITHIN. THE CONCEPT IS IS AT THE HEART OF REALITY AND THE SEED OF TRUTH.

CONTRARY TO CONVENTIONAL WISDOM THERE IS NO THIRD PARTY CONNECTION!

-----------

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Dr. James' impetus for writing this book was to establish better race relations thru an appreciation of the African contribution to civilization.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]In response he was murdered right after the publication of the book.[/FONT]
    This important historical record was never added to any college of university book list -- I wonder why...!
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]------------------------------------- [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Source of Reference: [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]"Stolen Legacy" by Dr. George G.M. James[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono][FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Know that salvation existed long before the Vatican[/FONT] in Rome, Italy shot off it first man made 'canon'.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]At one point in history the ancient religion of Egypt enjoyed worldwide prominence. The expanse of its empire reached from the "Far East" to "Brittany" to "Northern Asia". Strangely, its basic principles did not reach the shores of Greece until after Alexander (the so-Called Great) reached Egypt. Soon after his rape and pillage--Greece sprang up as a pseudo-intellectual giant albeit a slew of cavalier changes here and there. Further, when the Roman Empire came into power, they took close notes while incorporating the ideals and concepts that Greece had "originally" plagiarized from Egypt.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Hence, conversely and contrary to conventional wisdom, Philosophy--namely, Religion is the birth child of Egypt with it's Priests and Hierophants as caregivers--not Greece![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]i. Sensuert I claimed a great part of Europe in his conquests, about 1900/BCE.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]ii. Akhenaton (i.e. Ikhnaton) claimed Western Asia, Syria and Palestine, about 1500/BCE.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]iii. Tuthomosis III claimed Nubia to Northern Asia.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Source: Bredsted's Conquest of Civilization, page 84; Diodorus, 128; Manetho; Strabo; Dicaercaus--John Hendricks Ancient Egypt, Volume I.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]"Summum Bonomo" was the well-tuned student in the ancient theory of Egyptian salvation-- or more plainly "The Supreme Good in Man".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]The attainment or transformation of man into a Godlike status (i.e. from that of a lower animal nature to that of a higher divine level) was accomplished via the following points of interest:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Wisdom[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]a. controlling your own thoughts[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]b. controlling your own actions[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Fortitude[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]c. maintaining devotion of purpose[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]d. sustaining faith in the teacher to teach truth[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]e. sustaining faith in self to assimilate the truth[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]f. sustaining faith in self to wield the truth[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Justice[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]e. remain free of resentment under persecution[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]f. remain free of resentment under wrong-doing[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]Temperament[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]g. cultivate/distinguish between right and wrong[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]h. cultivate/distinguish between the real & unreal[/FONT]

The process of purification involved "merging" the mind (i.e. study of philosophy: religion) "with" the body (i.e. use of esoteric principles) The baptism of water was followed by the baptism of fire. The entire process prepared the initiate to graduate into a harmony with GOD, Nature and Man.

In addition, it was the soul responsibility of the graduate to work out his own "salvation", with out a mediator.

This last point is important since it vastly differs from the Christian approach of "divine" intervention by a Romanized Christ.

The Egyptian knowledge of:

1. transmigration of the soul
    2. the immortality of the soul
    3. the body as the tomb of the soul

...inspired the process of embalming the body after death. A technique widely used in "current" times.
    ©Very Fine/1952 -- 2006
    I am Fine1952 and I approve this message.
    :tennis:

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "self realization" is the key to pretty much everything, isn't it?

i would also agree that the seed of truth and the heart of reality is the concept "IS".

nope; no third party in "Me+GOD=A Majority!" - kinda throws the less enlightened for a loop when they encounter the assuredness i derive from this!

great thoughts; THANKS!

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I agree to the sentiment expressed here but don't quite agree that this is completely possible.

Self-realization is usually a process where one who becomes Enlightened does so with the assistance or influence from spiritual guides be they formal teachers or Elders. One does not necessarily need a pope or preacher as intercessor but we all learn, at least in the early stages from a community of Elders and then are also guided by our Ancestors.

Many times people travel on the Path to self-realization and then reach The Void. While it is possible to move forward without a 'helping hand' this is almost impossible if one is not rooted at least in a Familial Tradition as a foundation to draw from.

Peace!

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    something about this seems to be to sort of "negate", or conflict with, the concept of self-realization, but i couldn't quite figure out a good mix of words to say so. then i came back to look at it again and see that Sista Fine1952 expanded her post with a better mix of words than i could have come up with to express what i was wanting to say.

i'm not sure how one could actually come to the Salvation of Self-Realization by making use of another's-realization? "without a mediator" one is forced to find the "truth" on one's own. but then, i suppose, another would want to question how one could possibly expect to believe in a "Truth" that one finds on one's own: "Sustaining Faith in Self". (i would wonder, though, if "temperment" might be a better "beginning" of this journey ... and as i ponder that, it almost seems as if that "wisdom" ... bah! i seem to want to "offer for consideration" a different ordering of those four points, but it almost seems like they all precede and follow each other. perhaps, had i not done it .... )

is no sense to question how i got here; i got here. and all four points of interest were/are included in the getting/maintaining.

on the other hand, considering how lonely i am, maybe i found that "void" that you mentioned? most often i feel as if i am either speaking a completely different language or come from someplace completely outside of contemporary civilisation ... or, could it be, that i have found a place that more closely corresponds to those Ancient Wisdoms that seem to be so desireable to reach/understand?

don't mind me; i'm still out here Seeking and, while i have Faith in Me, i don't mind that contemporaries feel that i am "out of touch". but stray dogs, feral cats, all babies, the lost ones and those with real eyes who realize the real lies <g> all seem to come back demanding More! <shrug> i'm ok being "out here".

Peace!

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

- self realization comes from The Individual MIND (Knowledge of Self) meets the Universal forces (the egg) I.E. the WOMB of space.......

- VOID?? Oftimes the VOID is the best place to be.....

- if it is possible to "move forward" without a helping hand that what you said above is contradictory.....

what is the "Familial Tradition"??

Tradition according to who?

one day there was a man sitting on a rock that was wide
    talking is stride
    speaking about
    false pride....................

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

- self realization comes from The Individual MIND (Knowledge of Self) meets the Universal forces (the egg) I.E. the WOMB of space.......

- VOID?? Oftimes the VOID is the best place to be.....

- if it is possible to "move forward" without a helping hand that what you said above is contradictory.....

what is the "Familial Tradition"??

Tradition according to who?

one day there was a man sitting on a rock that was wide
    talking is stride
    speaking about
    false pride....................

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    What may seem to be contradictory is a matter of perception because I did state "almost impossible" leaving some room for possibility.

If you don't know what is meant by "Familial Tradition" I will leave that open for further contemplation and those with Overstanding.

Peace.

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

First of all, I applaud you on your post...it was on point 1000%. Our people never had an intermidiator or go between with what already exist within us. Our conditioning and brainwashing simply won't allow the masses of us to understand the science and reality of manifesting that reality. Furthermore, Europeans can't afford for that to happen either...they are not trying to lose power no sooner than they have to...and will kill to maintain it through all cost...Goddess !!

9. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    The word 'salvage' comes to mind as I ponder the true meaning of salvation. To salvage something is to repair; fix... It's funny how the idea of "salvation" was introduced at the same time X-tianity was forced upon us. This means the peddlers of salvation knew exactly what they were/are 'selling' us... seems a bit calculated to me:?: Only that which is broken needs 'fixing'.

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    - really, but the way it was constructed left little room for doubt..

- a perfectly safe answer..................