Black Spirituality Religion : Q. DO U PLACE MORE TRUST IN SCRIPTURE...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    ...than u do trust in THE CREATOR?:bye:

The answer is quite easy really. It's closed ended, which means the question requires a yes or a no answer.

Answering yes to having more faith in scripture reveals your level of spiritual enlightenment and conversely answering yes to having more faith in GOD reveals your level of spiritual enlightenment.

2. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    He did not write the scripture.....He may have told the Apostles Too....but he did not....There for, should it be or not....I put more trust in HIM....BEacause through King James....some revelations may have been contorted.
    I trust in the Word to Tell a story......regardless of truth or falcity though.
    It's up to me, to seek the true.
    There are so many contradictions in this life to the spirit, that that is what Must be done....
    but no...I trust in Higher power first.

Then again, We learned him From the Scripture and the Word....so...Maybe we DO trust the scripture more, with out it...would we have known of him?
    We may have been put here just to live our lives to see how things would go....or maybe he tried that......:thinking:
    Let's see if there is a word, will people follow?

Good Question....What is the Real anwer:thinking:

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Sure. If you are either a FOOL or a SHEEP! The Most High Afrikan has given us his chosen people
    the ability to separate fact from fiction. We should use it MORE!

4. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    GOD and Scripture.

Not all Scripture just the parts from any ancient text that are presented as the Supreme Being actually Speaking the Words.

Humans have to have Scripture until GOD undoes this….

Deut:31:18: And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

If I had to choose one it would have to be GOD.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

PLATINUMILLITY1,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well said, PLATINUMILLITY1, well said!

6. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    When you say scripture do you mean just Christian doctrine or all spiritual revelations that have been written down?
    I can remember back to when i use to attend a christian church and the pastor had mentioned to the members that even though you may not understand the bible, your faith comes from just believing alone. Whoa!!! no wonder I was confused... I will leave that alone. But I say seek enlightenment. All things will be revealed to you if you trust your spirit, ya true Self. I have learned from reading two very valueable sources, that we should not place "God" in a box by making "it" (sorry for a lack of a better term, I'm learning) finite. This only gives you a narrow ideal of all the possiblities to what the Creator is. I want to be able to expand my mind and have a very vivid, creative imagination as to what The Creator is, to me, and that is all things I can imagine. All things beyond human thought and form. I would want to believe that the All just want us to Be and be free in our experience of existing. In what ever life form we take on. In my opinion, religion can be confining. Removed from my flesh and lower person, spiritually I want to be free. When you think with the flesh, you assume all she just want to be is loose and wild. To be so honest with you all, its not even about that because there is more to this life, it is so beyond that. Without this vessel I am still Being, ya know. But like I said in another thread, for me, its all about taking what I learn and applying to my life, if only my spirit agrees with it. Its like having bits and pieces of experience, knowledge, wisdom..etc, connecting together to create a bigger picture to what ever it may be. Looking at it from an individuals perspective, its about finding your purpose to what, why, and how in this journey, in this lifetime.

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Everytime I write some scripture I place a lot of faith in it.

8. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    And I might add...!

..backed by academic scholarship and common sense!
    :qqb014:

9. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    ?Who is He?

Thanks for your response in advance!

10. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings: