Brother AACOOLDRE : Put on some white Clothes & take off the black

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Apr 3, 2017.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    PUT ON SOME WHITE CLOTHES & TAKE OFF THE BLACK

By Andre Austin

I went to the biblegateway to get a Greek translation of Rev 3:18. I then cut and pasted a Greek word to be translated by google translation.

Revelation 3:18New International Version (NIV)

18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see

Rev 3:18

18 συμβουλεύω σοι ἀγοράσαι a]" style="box-sizing: border-box;">[a]παρ’ ἐμοῦ χρυσίον πεπυρωμένον ἐκ πυρὸς ἵνα πλουτήσῃς, καὶ ἱμάτια λευκὰ ἵνα περιβάλῃ καὶ μὴ φανερωθῇ ἡ αἰσχύνη τῆς γυμνότητός σου, καὶ κολλούριον b]" style="box-sizing: border-box;">ἐγχρῖσαι τοὺς ὀφθαλμούς σου ἵνα βλέπῃς.

Leukothea= Λευκοθέας the same root as white in Rev 3:18

The Greek Goddess Leukothea=meaning white foam from waves share a similar spelling with white in Rev 3:18. If people would have took the time to get the story behind Leukothea saving the life of Odysseus by giving striping naked and giving him her clothes to use as a sail and switching the clothes of her kids from Black to white they would have received the explanation of Lukewarm. The writer of Rev was using the writings of Homer and Euripides as a parable to explain an ethical teaching. That teaching was to stop being preoccupied with getting rich selling glossy black wool and get righteousness by putting on some white (Leuke) clothes.

I went to the Oxford English dictionary and found Leuke=League, Luke & Lion

Luke is Loukas in greek meaning from Lucania, Itlay which relates to Leukos=White. This is what Wikipedia states. So Lukewarm is related to Leukothea with the word white.

Lukewarm may be referring to white spots or clouds in the eye known as Leukomas which may explain why the Lukewarm church is spiritually blind

I told yall I would tell you the butt-naked truth

https://translate.google.com/?hl=en#auto/en/λευκὰ
    Google Translate
    translate.google.com

Λευκοθέας