Black People : purpose of HBCU's?

THEIR PuRPOSE IS TO ENSURE THAT BLACKS ARE EDUCATED BY BLACKS. ALTHOUGH MANY WERE STARTED BECAUSE OF SEGRREGATION.

I BELIEVE THEY R EFFECTIVE. I LIVE NEAR HAMPTON UNIVERSTY, THE STUDENTS i MEET OUT THAT WaY R HIGHLY INTELIGENT. WITH OUT THE WHITE WASHING!

YES I BELIEVE that hbcu's R STILL NECESSARY. BLACKS EDUCATING BLACKS IS PRICELESS. NOT ONLY ARE COLLEGES NEEDED BUT AT THE GRADE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL LEVELS AS WELL. imo

Historically Black Colleges & Universities were formed in the late 1800s & early 1900s. The purpose of these institutions were to provide higher learning (post secondary school) for Blacks that were excluded from studying at white universities. Until 40 years ago, the majority of our most brilliant academic minds were Alumni of these institutions. Currently many of our most brilliant minds continue to study at these institutions. Are HBCUs effective? Most HBCUs struggle to compete with the financial & technological resources available to white universities. That has always been the case. However:

Today, black colleges are still the main source of education for professionally trained African Americans. For example:

Eight of the top ten schools that produce African American engineers are HBCUs
42 percent of all Ph.D.s earned each year by African Americans are earned by graduates of HBCUs
18 of the top 23 producers of African Americans who go on to receive science related Ph.D.s are HBCUs

http://www.collegeview.com/college/niche/hbcu/voice.html

If those numbers don't illustrate both the effectiveness & the necessity of HBCUs today, nothing will!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back