Science and Technology : Purchasing Memory

watzinaname

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2003
Northeast
After checking out my computer's task manager, I have found that my poor computer only has 64MB of memory...yikes!!!! CPU is running low, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I ran a scan for spyware, and got rid of some items, but that didn't improve the performance. I suppose at this rate it's a wonder that I'm online at all. What I need to know is what specifically do I need to purchase for Windows XP Home Edition as far as memory goes?

you're right; 64meg ain't enough!

at one time, i would have said 256meg would be "enough". the puter would definitely run better, and it might even be "enough". but it's getting to the point where 512meg is "not too much". 256meg will definitely give you a boost, tho!

watzinaname said:
After checking out my computer's task manager, I have found that my poor computer only has 64MB of memory...yikes!!!! CPU is running low, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I ran a scan for spyware, and got rid of some items, but that didn't improve the performance. I suppose at this rate it's a wonder that I'm online at all. What I need to know is what specifically do I need to purchase for Windows XP Home Edition as far as memory goes?

watzinaname said:
i have a gig.

you need to look into buying a new box.
it may be less trouble than installing additional memory.
i mean the price of PC is low nowadays and you sound like you have an old geezer (like me) so it may be more cost effective to just get a newbie and be done with it.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have a gig.

you need to look into buying a new box.
it may be less trouble than installing additional memory.
i mean the price of PC is low nowadays and you sound like you have an old geezer (like me) so it may be more cost effective to just get a newbie and be done with it.
but i like my "old geezers"!! do i have to consign them to the old geezer's home where they'll just waste away without the joys of being as useful as they can be? :bawling: i don wanna! :cry: so what if it's only got one toofus left? it's still moderately useful! :pout:

on the other hand; given that the industry agrees with james, it might would be easier to get a new puter than to find the memory for an older puter ... which does the suxors really well!! how old is your puter? if it's that old, throw it away over my way!! always looking for more additions to my "DumpsterTech Net"! :D

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back