Black People : PUNISHMENT ON KIDS GONE TOO FAR??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by naija-man, Oct 11, 2006.

1. naija-man

naija-man Well-Known Member MEMBER

STUDENT
    Ratings:
    +9
    I found this elsewhere......not sure if it is legit...but however
    if a mother was to do this...??

what are ya' views...?
    for me it's out of order.....she shouldn't bring out 'dirty laundry' out in public....cos if people don't look at the kid as a bad child..then folks will look at the mother and say "well don't u fink u could have done better to rasie him right?" (even though rasining a young black male with no positive father-figure is difficult enough).

images below:-

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/bununs/funny%20pics/ee_sign_001.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/bununs/funny%20pics/ee_sign2_001.jpg

2. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    The punishment isn't that harsh. The mother looks ignorant sitting there kickin' back. He's old enough to handle the brunt of embarrassment by himself. Not my cup of tea.

What's worse is she's brainwashing him that his father is the Son of Sam. What does that make her look like; a woman who had a baby by loser, and her son is one too? Trifling is a learned behavior, not innate.

3. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Embarrassment is often the best way to not get somebody to do something so shameful again,
    however..
    it looks like this lady is in her own neighborhood..
    im not sure what to say about that.

4. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Not harsh at all. I think the embarrassment may be a reality check for the youngster. Seeing how disgraceful he is openly in the community may be just what these misguided youths need. As a matter of fact, if more parents actually embarrassed their children (like they used to back in the day), then maybe they wouldn't be acting increasingly ignorant now.

Is it even logical to suggest that these ignorant African folks know they are an embarrassment walking around with their pants down their butt, music denigrating our women to slovenly materialistic whores, music calling to kill your own brothers, music calling to sell drugs to your own brothers and sisters, flashing stupidly expensive accessories, and so forth?

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I don't think it's too harsh either. What I see is a parent trying to get her child to realize the shame and wrong in stealing. Although there might have been other alternatives she could have tried, ( if she hasn't tried them all ready) She is determined to make him understand. She's doing the best that she knows and isn't giving up on him. This public display, shows that. As far as mentioning his father, she's using him as an example of what will happen, if he continues to follow the path he's taking.