Black Entertainment : PULEEZE HAVE SOME RESEMBLANCE

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by oldiesman, Apr 26, 2008.

1. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    have you ever noticed that when a story is done on film about a white person's life and career that great pain's are taken to see that the actor or actress poytraying the figure resembles the person..example-john adams movie on hbo,they didn't get[danny devito]but someone who had a resemblance to adams but when it's time to cast a black bio it's a different thing..the etta james film with beyonce,now while beyonce is talented she in no way looks ANYTHING like miss james,just like diana ross looked nothing like billie holliday[yes she did a good job]but any competent actor would,how many of you have noticed this also and does it matter that we might one day see[cedric the entertainer]as paul robeson?[just an example].

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I'm guessing that to the powers that make the films, we all look alike anyway ;)

I'll admit, I have a hard time telling white folks apart - let alone the famous ones - Many of them, if I dont see them lined up with multiple choice options AND wearing name tags, I be lucky to get a fraction right. I didnt grow up in white environment. Apparently it has much to do with our surrounds in our upbringing.. recognizing facial contours etc.. which explains why many think chinese/japanese/korean all look the same. I mean, if they made a remake of the life of Bruce Lee - if the guy looked oriental I likely wouldnt question it.

:donttell: