Black Education / Schools : Public Education: Who Is It For?

One example of an Afrikan-centered private school with an accelerated curriculum.

http://marcusgarveyschool.org/

The main benefit of similar programs is they are proven in their ability to close the academic achievement gap that most public systems only play lip service to but fail miserably due to high class sizes and student-teacher ratios.

Home schooling and independent study programs also have the benefit of not only turning around students in danger of failing but providing an opportunity for students to catch up and get ahead.

I am director of an independent study program which had proven track record of taking pre school students and have them reading on first grade level within ten months.

I presently have a second grader who was in our summer enrichment program last year who tested last week in the 80th percentile on a 3rd grade test. Another in the 73rd percentile. These are first graders going to the second who I have instructed their teachers to place in a 4th grade math group. I also have two third graders who scored in 84th percentile on the 4th grade test.

Some of these students do attend a public school, but it is a science magnet with accelerated curriculum. I am talking about five girls, all Ethiopian-American, who have a strong extended family network/community.

I can attest to the benefit, and value of home schooling. When I put my kids into public schooling, my oldest tested at least 2 grades higher in many subjects. My son has a hidden intelligence. If you press him, he will clam up. But if you leave him alone, he will astound you with his ability to reason. He has a problem with comprehension, but I recently found out that it's with things that are fairly simple. The more complicated it is, the better he gets it.

Peace!

I'm talking about economics, not politics. Try not to confuse the two.

Point the second: Look at computers. Education can take the same route. Your computers are smaller, faster, cheaper, and more ubiquitous than ever before.

Most technologies are not like computers. Cars have not gotten cheaper. I have a Linux book from 2001 that talks about the planned obsolescence of software. Is software getting more bloated because there is more CPU power and RAM to waste?

Education is a problem because consumers do not know what they are buying.

Why is there a Free Market for economists who do not compute and report Demand Side Depreciation? How much have American consumers lost on the depreciation of automobiles since the Moon landing? Where do economists debate that? But they debate Keynes versus Hayek. LOL

The economic wargame is a continuation of the military wargame by other means. All warfare is based on deception.

http://www.toxicdrums.com/economic-wargames-by-dal-timgar.html

Why don't Black Americans create a reading list for Black kids? Education controlled by Whites is going to be designed to maintain the dominance of Euro-culture but it is so funny that they do not make double-entry accounting mandatory for White kids. Most of them are supposed to be losers brainwashed into being loyal to a system that screws them.

Where do their history books talk about the peasant revolts in Europe?

um

You can find the books concerning peasant and slave revolts in Europe from books.google.com.

I was talking about the history books that we get in school, that we are required to study. I do not recall any mention of peasant revolts in my so called education. But I decided history was propaganda when I was still in grade school so I only tried getting C's in it.

um

I'm still for teachers, mentors.

There are some things a computer or tablet just cannot do.

Tablets can play videos. I am in the process of watching an Android tutorial series now. It is a matter of developing content that asks the student questions and figures out his/her weaknesses and directs them to the proper material.

The hardware is there but the software is not, YET.

I find it annoying that our so called educators have not created a National Recommended Reading List after all of these decades. I figure they are not going to try to make the best use of computers anyway.

The social impact of cheap computers will be the real Singularity.

um

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back