Black Education / Schools : Public Education: Who Is It For?

that's interesting. is this situation with the Filipinos a new one? same things done in nursing... (and medicine). its not done to squeeze out black nurses, though. if that's what's going on among teachers, I mean.

no...more like...
this stupid govt just likes to shoot itself in the foot with its reactive approach to everything.
...including the socalled nursing shortage.

but anywho -- carry on. im learning. I'd never seriously considered homeschooling...mostly bc I doubt myself as an 'educator'. yeah...you 'teach' as a nurse but that's different.

not everyone can teach. I feel better handing them off to a professional.

I believe, that what will help in that situation is to understand/learn about the culture of education. The history, the politics, its social impact. That if nothing else one could augment what a school isn't doing for ones child(ren). To go to PTA meetings informed enough to ask the hard, though informed, questions. Challenge the status quo.

I believe teaching is an art. Knowing something is one thing; putting it where different children can understand/comprehend it is something else. What little we can do in the way of understanding this thing called education helps.

I have young relatives in my family who were learning multiplication up to 12X12. I asked why not learn how to multiply up to 20X20? Because I do not have as much contact with them as I would like, I had to make a deal with'em. I told them that if they would memorize the multiplication table up to 20X20, I'd buy them the latest playstation. Between me and you, I'm not likely to do that. A lotta' neph's and nieces, but at least they would be about to multi up to 20X20.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back