Black Education / Schools : Public Education: Who Is It For?

Most technologies are not like computers. Cars have not gotten cheaper. I have a Linux book from 2001 that talks about the planned obsolescence of software. Is software getting more bloated because there is more CPU power and RAM to waste?

Education is a problem because consumers do not know what they are buying.

Why is there a Free Market for economists who do not compute and report Demand Side Depreciation? How much have American consumers lost on the depreciation of automobiles since the Moon landing? Where do economists debate that? But they debate Keynes versus Hayek. LOL

The economic wargame is a continuation of the military wargame by other means. All warfare is based on deception.

http://www.toxicdrums.com/economic-wargames-by-dal-timgar.html

Why don't Black Americans create a reading list for Black kids? Education controlled by Whites is going to be designed to maintain the dominance of Euro-culture but it is so funny that they do not make double-entry accounting mandatory for White kids. Most of them are supposed to be losers brainwashed into being loyal to a system that screws them.

Where do their history books talk about the peasant revolts in Europe?

um

Well, as i live and sleep...you are still here..LOL

I am not saying public schools can not work. After 20 years working in public schools, I know some very good, dedicated, hard working teachers.

However, many older Black teachers are often pushed out of the system and replaced with younger white teachers through programs such as Teach for America. Thus emerges a form of cultural imperialism.

As a union rep I saw this up close and personal.

But when comparing the program's teachers with fully qualified teachers, it's a different story. A 2010 study called Teach For America: A Review of the Evidence found "standard certified teachers consistently outperformed uncertified Teach For America teachers with comparable experience in similar settings."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...a-edelsky16.html?nclick_check=1#ixzz2YvtY1T9Z

I'm talking about economics, not politics. Try not to confuse the two.

Point the second: Look at computers. Education can take the same route. Your computers are smaller, faster, cheaper, and more ubiquitous than ever before.

The input comes from all sources both commercial and free.

The point concerning affordability is moot. If African-Americans can spend a trillion dollars a year on consumer goods, I'm certain they can redirect 1%- 10% towards education of their children.

I realize this was posted 22 days ago, but I must point out that computers are not smaller, faster, cheaper, and more ubiquitous than ever before because of the free market. It's a common fallacy. They're smaller, faster, cheaper, and more ubiquitous because of the vast amount of government money pumped into NASA and other programs.

NASA was searching for a way to make computers smaller etc. in order to include them on the space shuttle. They were doing this because with the size of the computers of the day it would be insanely expensive for them to launch those computers into orbit. It costs $10,000 dollars of rocket fuel to launch one pound into orbit. Therefore the reason we have smaller electronics is because NASA succeeded in making them smaller, faster, cheaper to produce.

Now, what engineers and corporations did with this technology after that fact is another story, but as usual, the story is always the same. The government pumps a huge amount of money into R&D under the guise of "war spending". This is how we got the highway system we have today. Then once government figures out how to do something, then private enterprise comes in and mass produces it. Getting your goods to market is largely funded by the government. Private industry eventually takes over some markets, but in the beginning it's always government that provides the initial boost. Without modern trains and transport, none of those markets would be there to begin with.

that's interesting. is this situation with the Filipinos a new one? same things done in nursing... (and medicine). its not done to squeeze out black nurses, though. if that's what's going on among teachers, I mean.

no...more like...
this stupid govt just likes to shoot itself in the foot with its reactive approach to everything.
...including the socalled nursing shortage.

but anywho -- carry on. im learning. I'd never seriously considered homeschooling...mostly bc I doubt myself as an 'educator'. yeah...you 'teach' as a nurse but that's different.

not everyone can teach. I feel better handing them off to a professional.

I see our public education system being privatize, as though most of us had a sayso, when it was just public controlled....

I. e., whatever happened to the seventies call for community control of our school systems, etc.?

Long overdue for us everywhere to at least realize how cheap and close we're being played...

Then we need to regroup etc.

FYI

that's interesting. is this situation with the Filipinos a new one? same things done in nursing... (and medicine). its not done to squeeze out black nurses, though. if that's what's going on among teachers, I mean.

no...more like...
this stupid govt just likes to shoot itself in the foot with its reactive approach to everything.
...including the socalled nursing shortage.

but anywho -- carry on. im learning. I'd never seriously considered homeschooling...mostly bc I doubt myself as an 'educator'. yeah...you 'teach' as a nurse but that's different.

not everyone can teach. I feel better handing them off to a professional.

I see our public education system being privatize, as though most of us had a sayso, when it was just public controlled....

I. e., whatever happened to the seventies call for community control of our school systems, etc.?

Long overdue for us everywhere to at least realize how cheap and close we're being played...

Then we need to regroup etc.

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back