Science and Technology : PTSD Treatment: X ????

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
News about ectasy treats ptsd

bing.com/news
Experimental treatment for PTSD: Ecstasy

By Caleb Hellerman, CNN
updated 7:33 AM EST, Sat December 1, 2012
121130112935-sg-mdma-vs-ptsd-00010930-story-top.jpg

Ecstasy as PTSD treatment?

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Rachel Hope suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder for years
  • In 2005, she investigated an experimental new treatment: Ecstasy
  • Dr. Michael Mithoefer convinced the DEA to green-light a study of the treatment
  • More than 7 million Americans suffer from PTSD
Editor's note: This is the first installment of a three-day series on the controversial use of the drug Ecstasy to treat post-traumatic stress disorder. On Sunday, read more about Rachel Hope's story and the history of MDMA, also known as Ecstasy. And don't miss "Sanjay Gupta MD" at 4:30 p.m. ET Saturday and 7:30 a.m. ET Sunday.
(CNN) -- Rachel Hope was 33 years old when she received a painful reminder: She couldn't outrun the past.
Hope was trying to help a new assistant at her Maui rental property business, but it wasn't going smoothly. Part of it was Hope herself.
"I had this startle reflex," she explained. "The phone would ring, and I'm literally three feet off the floor, screaming.
"My new assistant said, 'You're driving me crazy!' And I would say, 'I'm really sorry, just please try to ignore it. It's embarrassing, but let's keep working.' "
But the young man, a teacher on break, wasn't pushed off easily. Soon after, Hope said, "he walked over to my desk and dropped a stack of papers two inches thick. It was every single PTSD study that was online, and he just said, 'pick one.' "
bttn_close.gif

121130042846-01-mdma-pstd-1130-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Rachel Hope and her daughter at a park in West Los Angeles in 2011. Hope struggled with post-traumatic stress disorder for years before trying a controversial treatment: the drug Ecstasy.

Ecstasy and PTSD: One story​
HIDE CAPTION

<<
<
>
>>

121130042846-01-mdma-pstd-1130-horizontal-gallery.jpg
Photos: Treating PTSD with Ecstasy
A few days later, Hope was dialing the number of South Carolina psychiatrist Dr. Michael Mithoefer. Her plan: to see whether she could free herself of a lifetime of torment by taking a drug he was testing -- a drug most people know as Ecstasy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back